Turkish grub

Probably a bit too far for Sunderland, but Ala Turka in Birtley is nice. Not been in the actual restaurant itself yet but we’ve had takeaways during lockdown and it’s always been spot on and a nice change from your usual takeaways. Not cheap like but you get a lot. Might be handy for Washy folk.

Has Tabbouleh in town gone the journey already? Just searched the number and it's coming up as Venice Italian Restaurant.

Done turknaz for the first time at Whitley bay sea front on Saturday, mixed grill was lovely.

only downside was they stopped doing efes and their best lager was peroni, not very authentic.

Had one from fattoush in Chester road mid week a couple of months ago- couldn’t fault it. Had one on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago and it was awful. Chicken was discustin hun. Avoid.

goes to Whitley bay for Turkish grub
complains it isn't authentic because they don't have efes on draft:lol:
Done turknaz for the first time at Whitley bay sea front on Saturday, mixed grill was lovely.

only downside was they stopped doing efes and their best lager was peroni, not very authentic.

Lovely food in Turknaz. Recommend Papa Ganoush in Whitley too.

More Mediterranean than Turkish though

As people have said Enfes is good but defo give Tabbouleh a try. Probably the best I've ever had.
Drove past last Saturday and noticed this is now another Italian. Restaurants keep opening and closing in Sunderland before I even get the chance to try them. :lol:

Drove past last Saturday and noticed this is now another Italian. Restaurants keep opening and closing in Sunderland before I even get the chance to try them. :lol:
Enfes is gone? Shan.

In fairness Tabbouleh is class but Fattoush is my favourite at the moment. Top quality bait and they deliver I'm about 30mins.

Back