Turkish grub

Had one meal from Aylaz. Was ok, but felt very expensive for what we got. I’d try a few other places before them again.
That's what's putting me off. I don't mind paying a bit for decent bait, but the prices seem more in keeping with a sitty down restaurant in the middle of town, not a pokey little takeaway in Eden Vale.

That's what's putting me off. I don't mind paying a bit for decent bait, but the prices seem more in keeping with a sitty down restaurant in the middle of town, not a pokey little takeaway in Eden Vale.
I don’t mind paying for decent stuff, but both of us just thought it was no better than average. I’m the only person on here who hasn’t said it’s class mind.

A Lebanese takeaway is due to open soon in the former premises of Chester's Fish Bar (old signage has been taken down) Chester Rd close to the Chester's pub.

Last edited:
Had one meal from Aylaz. Was ok, but felt very expensive for what we got. I’d try a few other places before them again.
We tried them last night and have to agree with you. It was nice enough but really expensive, over £40, and for that we were hoping it would be amazing. My lamb kebab thing was quite chewy which was really disappointing especially it was £15! 😱 The aubergine dip was the star of the show, really tasty, and Mr R loved his chicken pieces, but overall it just wasn't worth the money.

We tried them last night and have to agree with you. It was nice enough but really expensive, over £40, and for that we were hoping it would be amazing. My lamb kebab thing was quite chewy which was really disappointing especially it was £15! 😱 The aubergine dip was the star of the show, really tasty, and Mr R loved his chicken pieces, but overall it just wasn't worth the money.

I got the mixed grill portions were big couldn't eat it all so in effect two meals as I had the remainder of it the next day.
So good value I'd say.

Back