Turkey? Anything but Turkey?

Tasty, like. The last year I had meat at Christmas we had bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird-in-a-bird. It was f***ing mint. Chicken, duck, goose and pheasant. Last year I did a lovely nut roast but this year I'm not even bothering with anything special; I'm just treating it like any other day.
I'm a veggie but that is the way to feast if you eat meat.:cool::)

It’s a duck.

Roasties, green beans, sprouting broccoli, some prune and apple shite from Delia.

My first ever very own home made Xmas pud.

Now then the wine.

Starting with Hush Heath Balfour Brut Rose 2014, thank you very much.

Moving on to a Barolo with the duck.

Post pud collapse on sofa with Chapel Down Lamberhurst English grape brandy.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread has given an amazing insight into how few people can actually cook. Anyone who cooks turkey that ends up dry is clearly a clusterfuck of a human being.
Sad but true. Got to go now - first basting nearly due.

Now then the wine.

Starting with Hush Heath Balfour Brut Rose 2014, thank you very much.

Moving on to a Barolo with the duck.

Post pud collapse on sofa with Chapel Down Lamberhurst English grape brandy.
Got a bottle of Moet in the fridge for no. 2 son's graduation! Mrs (no) will want rose with the main but I'll be opening a bottle of Douro red or a Malbec.
Port later with the cheese board.

Last edited:
Beef wellington
Red wine gravy
Dauphinoise pots, parmentier pots
Roast beetroot, chantenay carrots, green beans, cauliflower gratin, squash turnip purée

Riddy in an hour.

Turkey is minging. I’d far rather have chicken. I’ve never ‘got’ the appeal of Turkey at all.

My preference would be lamb, beef or venison though. This year we’re not having Christmas dinner at all. Big meals just aren’t enjoyable anymore. Nibbles and a film tonight instead.

I’ll be glad when today’s over, tbh. Hate Christmas with a passion since 2012 when my Dad died a few days before.

Save me some, not many of those about I bet.

Have you put a silver sixpence in?
Peachy have just collapsed in heap on sofa. I cannot tell a lie the pud was a-maz-ing. God bless Delia.

Turkey is minging. I’d far rather have chicken. I’ve never ‘got’ the appeal of Turkey at all.

My preference would be lamb, beef or venison though. This year we’re not having Christmas dinner at all. Big meals just aren’t enjoyable anymore. Nibbles and a film tonight instead.

I’ll be glad when today’s over, tbh. Hate Christmas with a passion since 2012 when my Dad died a few days before.
God bless Bonny lad xxx

Back