TUI and the virus.

T_Bone

Striker
From July to October this year, TUI has had the pleasure of taking 2.1 million people on holiday.
There were 136 cases of Covid 19.
This equates to 0.49 cases to every 100k/ 7 days.
Not a single cross infection has been detected among guests in hotels, flights, transfers or during travel.
Until the end of this year TUI offer Covid insurance free with their holidays.
Ames you wonder what the fuss was about.

Please can you present the source of this information, so we can read it for ourselves and assess the quality of the evidence?

How do TUI know for instance, that Mr. and Mrs. Smith, who travel abroad with their two children, who test positive four days after returning, tested positive?

Is there robust contact tracing and data sharing in place, between PHE and TUI?

Or let’s say a TUI traveller is positive but asymptomatic, having picked up the virus from the Smiths, then passes it onto their friend who works in a care home, who infects several residents. How far back do they go?

Last edited:
From July to October this year, TUI has had the pleasure of taking 2.1 million people on holiday.
There were 136 cases of Covid 19.
This equates to 0.49 cases to every 100k/ 7 days.
Not a single cross infection has been detected among guests in hotels, flights, transfers or during travel.
Until the end of this year TUI offer Covid insurance free with their holidays.
Ames you wonder what the fuss was about.

It will all unravel, 20k cases a day versus actual deaths (none of this 28 day nonsense & 'with' of 'of') per day, the stats will win out.

Unravel, my arse!

there is only one stat that matters and that is number of deaths. Have 40,50 or 60k excess deaths occurred in the U.K. or not!

couldn’t give a fuck about your stats pish!

Unravel, my arse!

there is only one stat that matters and that is number of deaths. Have 40,50 or 60k excess deaths occurred in the U.K. or not!

When this all unravels, this article is only from August, there will be hell on.

Irrelevant,

So that’s still 1/3rd more than would ordinarily not have died due to coronavirus.

damned if they do, damned if they don’t. no winners In this I’m afraid!

Don’t get me wrong, things should have been dealt with far better but it’s easy to criticise from the outside or read some conspiracy bullshit on the internet.

suppose it comes down to whether an 80 year olds life is worth less than a 50 year old,

examples:

said 50 year old is ticked up to the tits who becomes an alcoholic and tops himself due to a shitty change in circumstances. 1st world problems I’m afraid and probably the reset the 1st world needs

Or 50 year old has cancer due to 30 years of excess drinking, eating, drug abuse (pick your poison)and can’t get the appropriate care. Who’s fault is that!

inevitably there will be innocent parties affected but that is surely the case for the 1/3 over 70’s affected and killed by coronavirus who are perfectly healthy. And not to mention those who are far younger who have long term after affects.

ive read through nearly every thread on this forum and not said a word. But your absolute Drivel is pushing my buttons.

Irrelevant,

So that’s still 1/3rd more than would ordinarily not have died due to coronavirus.

Don’t get me wrong, things should have been dealt with far better but it’s easy to criticise from the outside or read some conspiracy bullshit on the internet.

suppose it comes down to whether an 80 year olds life is worth less than a 50 year old,

examples:

said 50 year old is ticked up to the tits who becomes an alcoholic and tops himself due to a shitty change in circumstances. 1st world problems I’m afraid and probably the reset the 1st world needs

Or 50 year old has cancer due to 30 years of excess drinking, eating, drug abuse (pick your poison)and can’t get the appropriate care. Who’s fault is that!

inevitably there will be innocent parties affected but that is surely the case for the 1/3 over 70’s affected and killed by coronavirus who are perfectly healthy. And not to mention those who are far younger who have long term after affects.

ive read through nearly every thread on this forum and not said a word. But your absolute Drivel is pushing my buttons.

Wow..
Unravel, my arse!

I'm afraid there are more stats that matter mate.. as @Frijj has shown on this forum on many occasions.. there are shitloads of different factors to consider..

I'm assuming the stats( on this occasion) are compiled much the same way as other stats are compiled regarding covid . If you are going on percentages alone then this would mean, similar to hospitality, travel has accounted for very few cases/transmissions if the stats are to be believed.

Last edited:
Irrelevant,

examples:

Well, it isn’t unfortunately. That won’t go down well with the altruistic folk on here though...

Apologies,

I don’t doubt there are many more factors at play than those given out at daily briefings or in the tabloid press.

As an example though. In 2007 we bought our last house around 3 months before the financial crash which at the time seemed like the end of the world. Facing 30% negative equity it took sum 10 years to sell the house on for a profit.

Economy’s recover!

What happens here and now is all that matters. If hospitals are in danger of being overrun (due to years of neglect and underfunding) what other options to the powers at be have than shutdown the industries where people congregate recreationally without affecting day to day necessities for the general population.

I do agree it’s a bit of a shitstorm and don’t have the answers. I just simply don’t believe that governments across the world would be crippling economy’s and imposing restrictions on movement etc without due cause given the obvious financial implications

Apologies,

I don’t doubt there are many more factors at play than those given out at daily briefings or in the tabloid press.

As an example though. In 2007 we bought our last house around 3 months before the financial crash which at the time seemed like the end of the world. Facing 30% negative equity it took sum 10 years to sell the house on for a profit.

Economy’s recover!

What happens here and now is all that matters. If hospitals are in danger of being overrun (due to years of neglect and underfunding) what other options to the powers at be have than shutdown the industries where people congregate recreationally without affecting day to day necessities for the general population.

I do agree it’s a bit of a shitstorm and don’t have the answers. I just simply don’t believe that governments across the world would be crippling economy’s and imposing restrictions on movement etc without due cause given the obvious financial implications

I get your point mate, but say for instance we shut hospitality, ban travel, that if stats are to be believed account for a very small percentage of covid 19 cases/deaths/admissions etc. ( I don't know exact numbers) and that has little to no effect on the rise in cases /deaths etc.. what shuts next?

Example.. if travel and hospitality account for 10% ( hypothetical)

Shut them down.

Other forums that still accounts for the other 90% of cases are still business as usual would we as a nation be happy that the virus is still operating at 90% of its potential..

I don't think so, so what do we close down next?? Whats next??

I'm not a denier , I believe we have a problem, do I believe the problem is as big as the media make out??? I don't know! I'm genuinely confused by what I read, hear on news etc. It's just a major ball ache not helped by the very people elected to guide us through shitstorms like this..

Irrelevant,

examples:

You could do with using the quote facility but that is by the by. Isolate the vulnerable, put all the money into that. I't's very simple, unless there is an agenda at play 🤔Most people are dying 'with', not 'of' coronavirus (in fact 1/5th actually get it in hospital) 🤷‍♂️ , why don't we do a test for the common cold and hype up that & label folk that test postive with that ? Either way folk need to wake up pretty sharpish, this is insane.

You could do with using the quote facility but that is by the by. Isolate the vulnerable, put all the money into that. I't's very simple, unless there is an agenda at play 🤔Most people are dying 'with', not 'of' coronavirus (in fact 1/5th actually get it in hospital) 🤷‍♂️ , why don't we do a test for the common cold and hype up that & label folk that test postive with that ? Either way folk need to wake up pretty sharpish, this is insane.
Could say the same about aids, not everyone's going to catch it, and those who do will differ immensely in their life spans.

It's a deadly disease and any one like yourself that can't see that are proper f***ing fucktards, no simpilar way to put it.

Last edited:
Could say the same about aids, not everyone's going to catch it, and those who do will differ immensely in their life spans.

It's a deadly disease and any one like yourself that can't see that are proper f***ing fucktards, no simpilar way to put it.

No there is no way to put it unless you tell me when it ends, it's not a deadly disease for 99.9 %? None of this impacts on me in the slightest, but sure as hell it does folk I know..young and old? Tell me when this bollocks ends and we have a starting point?

No there is no way to put it unless you tell me when it ends, it's not a deadly disease for 99.9 %? None of this impacts on me in the slightest, but sure as hell it does folk I know..young and old? Tell me when this bollocks ends and we have a starting point?
f***ing hell here we go again, so fuck it doesn't impact you. You are not the center of the world. It's kilked over one million people, or have you missed that? The point I'm making is aids is a deadly disease that maybe 99% of the world will never get as they know the safety measures to keep them safe.

The death rate isnt 0.1% thats nonsense.

The bottom line for me is how many deaths would happen if we just carried on as normal vs how many deaths we have with lockdown.

Italy and New York were totally overwhelmed with Covid in the spring and will have had loads of Covid deaths and non covid deaths as well so my feeling is we will significantly lower deaths with lockdown. Its disingenuous to put figures of excess non Covid deaths over the last 6 months as I suspect the non Covid deaths would have been increased anyway as hospitals would basically become Covid units and could not cope with anything else.

f***ing hell here we go again, so fuck it doesn't impact you. You are not the center of the world. It's kilked over one million people, or have you missed that? The point I'm making is aids is a deadly disease that maybe 99% of the world will never get as they know the safety measures to keep them safe.

The point I'm making is I don't give a toss about myself 🤷‍♂️ But I see how this nonsense has massive implications for many many others. FFS.

The bottom line for me is how many deaths would happen if we just carried on as normal vs how many deaths we have with lockdown.

Italy and New York were totally overwhelmed with Covid in the spring and will have had loads of Covid deaths and non covid deaths as well so my feeling is we will significantly lower deaths with lockdown. Its disingenuous to put figures of excess non Covid deaths over the last 6 months as I suspect the non Covid deaths would have been increased anyway as hospitals would basically become Covid units and could not cope with anything else.
Whoa whoa whoa, let's not get carried away with sense here.

FFS, you have plucked two worldwide scenarios out of the entire world , Lombardy is labelled little China because of the smog, New York...something tells me that could be political, who know's. Either way you can't judge the present by the past. I keep getting told I have an agenda, my only agenda is trying to free people from fear, it does not have to be that way.

Back