Tudor watches

Theres still a decent waiting time for them I believe.

A mate has been on the waiting list for six months now and still no luck
Place I called said 3 months

Spend the extra and invest in a Rolex. You won't regret it. I bought my Submariner 'Kermit' in 2007 for just over 3k and some of them are now going for 4 or 5 times that amount.
Yeah I see a Kermit going for 13k the other day. Mental.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on them? Beautiful timepieces or Rolex’s inferior little brother?

Thinking about ordering a Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi. I’d love the Rolex Pepsi but could never afford the inflated and quite frankly ridiculous market price.

Here’s a pic if anyone’s interested. Retail at £2830.

Logon or register to see this image
I bought a Tudor dress watch off Ebay years ago for £250. The problem was I bought it at about 2 in the morning, then forgot.
When it came I noticed it was sent from Mumbai. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be not be genuine.

Sounds like a genuine fake mate
It said it was a 12 jewel or summat, opened the back when it came and it's at least got the right number of bits of coloured glass in there. I remember the pleather strap looking like it cost about 50 rupees n all. :lol:

Edit: looking at ones for sale on the Internet there's a chance it's a real 1960s one. :lol:

Last edited:
Yes I'll put you on a waiting list, you have spent exactly zero with me I'll make sure you get one of the very limited number of hulks, kermits, batman or the pepsi I get from Rolex Sir no problem at all. Please fill in this form the shredder will be warming up.

This is why I buy Oris. I like them and they are affordable.

Lovely watches but one day you’ll be stood at a bar and somebody in a Rolex GMT will be standing next to you, and you’ll quietly pull down your sleeve to cover your Tudor.

By the time you’ve been served and get back to your Mrs with the drinks, she’ll have fucked off with the bloke with the Rolex.
:lol:

Yes I'll put you on a waiting list, you have spent exactly zero with me I'll make sure you get one of the very limited number of hulks, kermits, batman or the pepsi I get from Rolex Sir no problem at all. Please fill in this form the shredder will be warming up.

Have you had a bad experience mate?

It said it was a 12 jewel or summat, opened the back when it came and it's at least got the right number of bits of coloured glass in there. I remember the pleather strap looking like it cost about 50 rupees n all. :lol:

Edit: looking at ones for sale on the Internet there's a chance it's a real 1960s one. :lol:

I’m looking at watches to see what I can spunk some of my pension lumper on in a few years. I’m not a fan of Rolex apart from the explorer 2 and actually prefer the omega seamaster for half the price. I’ll see how I feel when I get there, I might spend 6 pund on a new Casio and 6 grand on coke and whores....

Have you had a bad experience mate?

No mate I don't like Rolex as a watch but if you have spent nothing and think you can get a Pepsi, Kermit, hulk or a Batman from an AD you need to check out forums and youtube. Personally if I had that kind of cash to spend on a watch (and not miss it) I'd get a VC overseas or a something nice from Glashutte. But taste is personal and good luck in your hunt.

Rolex will laugh in the face of anybody walking in off the street asking for hulk and batmans. Like you say, it's not happening. Think second hands are around 13k at the moment.

Rolex will laugh in the face of anybody walking in off the street asking for hulk and batmans. Like you say, it's not happening. Think second hands are around 13k at the moment.
I walked into my local AD in May 2018 after popping in four months in a row asking to be put on the list for the Hulk, eventually they relented but I had to put down a £1000 deposit. At the time I hadn't bought anything from them though I did get another watch serviced through them and I got the call 3 weeks ago and picked it up.

So just over a one year wait which was less than I expected, whilst waiting I did buy a Tudor Pelagos LHD (or rather my wife bought it as a present) and tbh I really like it and don't feel it is a step down from my other watches in regard to quality or looks. There's a lot of snobbery around watches at the minute especially in the current bubble with people speculating on increases. My advice is find a watch you like, try on if possible, buy, then wear and enjoy and don't let others opinions influence you.

No mate I don't like Rolex as a watch but if you have spent nothing and think you can get a Pepsi, Kermit, hulk or a Batman from an AD you need to check out forums and youtube. Personally if I had that kind of cash to spend on a watch (and not miss it) I'd get a VC overseas or a something nice from Glashutte. But taste is personal and good luck in your hunt.

You sir are a scholar!
That VC Overseas with the blue face is a thing of beauty. If I was a ‘one watch’ type of buyer that would be mine. Mind quite a bit more expensive than a sub, GMT, Explorer etc.

Back