Tube strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
So WHAT laws????

Tell me, what laws are on the statute books to do this, or is this just an idea of yours?
I'd also be very interested in this. There's not a chance this "law" will get passed. Even if it does unions will just use work to rule and overtime bans. So they'll still be mega disruption but those taking action will not miss a day's pay.:lol:

The fact that train services are dependant on staff doing overtime shows complete workforce missmanagment.

Unite my brothers and sisters:cool:

Strong active Unions are absolutely class.

Last edited:

It's the conflict of "I won't do X because it puts people out of work", but at the same time don't give a shit or do nowt about about the erosion of rights by the Tories.
But you're not meaning everybody who refuses to use the self-service tills thinks that way, right?

In which case you could just have mentioned you dislike those people how "do nowt about the erosion of rights by the Tories"?

So WHAT laws????

Tell me, what laws are on the statute books to do this, or is this just an idea of yours?

Trade union act 2016 is a law which this government has brought in for a start

I'd also be very interested in this. There's not a chance this "law" will get passed. Even if it does unions will just use work to rule and overtime bans. So they'll still be mega disruption but those taking action will not miss a day's pay.:lol:

The fact that train services are dependant on staff doing overtime shows complete workforce missmanagment.

Unite my brothers and sisters:cool:

Strong active Unions are absolutely class.

It also shows union power, how often do London Underground advertise externally for trainee tube drivers?

Last edited:
Not sure anyone on here is saying that.

Sadly with technological advances, some jobs are no longer required like they used to be.

Holding a city of 9m people to ransom when that happens is not a sustainable solution.

Unfortunately creates a groundswell of anger which allows the tories the chance to push through things like Trade Union bill, of which we've only seen the beginning.

It f***ing shouldn't create a groundswell of anger, you would sharp change your tune if they came after your job squire, anyone would be f***ing fuming and rightly so. You should fight for every job out there, every pension and every term and condition we've spent the last 100 years winning and if it means putting up with a bit shite now and again then so fuck. If the teachers strike for their pension, i support them and look after my own kids. Same goes for anyone fighting for their livelihood, I'll fully support them.

Unfortunately the last six tube strike days nivver affected me as I could walk from my terminus rail station to work but today it did. 32 miles by car or one train then three buses. The car would've taken at least three hours and the train/buses longer. I stayed at home and actually did more bloody work on the house than I would at work.
Known as a lose/lose situation I believe.

Trade union act 2016 is a law which this government has brought in for a start

It also shows union power, how often do London Underground advertise externally for trainee tube drivers?
Every time they don't fill the vacancies internally. Why shouldn't they offer these jobs to the people they're making redundant in other roles? You against that too? The union does its job, looking after its members. The managers can't do theirs and it's no fault of the union. The union don't decide how many people to recruit.

Every time they don't fill the vacancies internally. Why shouldn't they offer these jobs to the people they're making redundant in other roles? You against that too? The union does its job, looking after its members. The managers can't do theirs and it's no fault of the union. The union don't decide how many people to recruit.

Why don't they advertise externally as well as internally at the same time? Old school union mentality which will be their own downfall ultimately

Ner. I don't want to drive through a different dark tunnel.
Thin end of the wedge though. Once it's acceptable practice there's nothing to stop LU from shuffling them around willy nilly to the point you might not know where you're working one week to the next.

Then it's on to we only need you during peak times and hey presto we are at zero hours contracts.

It might sound over dramatic but it's already happened in retail, the signs are there if you look.

Thin end of the wedge though. Once it's acceptable practice there's nothing to stop LU from shuffling them around willy nilly to the point you might not know where you're working one week to the next.

Then it's on to we only need you during peak times and hey presto we are at zero hours contracts.

It might sound over dramatic but it's already happened in retail, the signs are there if you look.

Exactly how you say. Thin end of the wedge.
Ha'way the RMT

It's shocking that your employer might ask you to do the same job as usual but somewhere else within that business. The absolute nerve of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back