Truth About Global Warming

I can't think of a better way of funnelling profits to oil and gas companies than by telling everyone that we need to move to renewable sources of energy that don't involve oil and gas!

I hope you believe that it's significantly attributable to human behaviour.
And how long will that take if it's even possible? you'll see power prices rise through the roof in the near future, don't you worry about that.

I watched a programme in the states a while back about this millionaire bloke and his wife who went to Antarctic (can't remember exactly where but just saying Antarctic) and they done an experiment where they drilled a whole through the Ice and took sample's and they found evidence of trees been growing in the Antarctic.
Fuck it. Having read the IPCC October 2018 report on 1.5 degree global warming, written by 90 scientists from 40 countries, I'm changing my mind because a bloke who doesn't know the difference between "whole" and "hole" tells me it's all a hoax.

The only reason people deny climate change is because they're low-earners who've had a poor education and subsequently end up in a low position in society. This makes them feel hard done by, and so they desperately seek something to lash out at. They leap onto conspiracy theories that paint authority figures as some kind of lying elite - denying climate change, flat earth, anti-vaccination - the lot.
That’s not the only reason. Trump is not a low-earner for example.

One thing is for sure, the way of living is not sustainable, with way too much production. We are squandering way too many resources.

Agreed, whether "global warming" exists or not I fail to see what we have to lose by becoming more efficient and pumping less noxious gasses into the atmosphere.

The climate is complicated and I think it is difficult to prove things one way or another - we are well overdue an ice age according to the normal cycles, but it is pretty clear as a species with our mass deforestation and burning of fossil fuels we are doing our best to destabilise any equilibrium that exists.

Not a full signed up member of the global warming club but I really do believe man is to blame for the extreme spikes in global weather. The climate has varied massively over time but I feel we are feeling the consequences of the industrial revolution and all the pollution now, would be mental not to try to reverse or slow the decline for future generations. That said I f***ing hate the way it's used as an excuse to charge people left, right and center while the worst culprits continue to deny or take the piss.

I think the reason governments are peddling global warming is because it's fashionable at the moment. All of the left wing scientists and mainstream news are into it because it's the thing of the moment. It's like the hole in the O Zone layer years ago or the millennium bug. I seriously think it's just all to do with what's fashionable to complain about at a certain time.

I am pretty sure the hole in the ozone layer did exist, and I know for a fact the millennium bug existed because I was paid lots of money to help fix it.

And how long will that take if it's even possible? you'll see power prices rise through the roof in the near future, don't you worry about that.
Too bloody right mate. The renewables rip off has already started. Remember the solar panel debacle. As soon as Joe public sniffed a chance of making a few quid for himself to and make life easier and contribute to doing something good for the environment the feed in tariff was soon chopped.

If you say to the average person on the street;

There's something called climate change. Human behaviour contributes towards it. We can solve it and YOU don't have to do anything differently and it won't cost YOU anything. They would 100% tell you to do it.

When you ask them to do something differently and tell them it might cost them, that's when the scepticism comes in.

The doubt isn't about the science, it's about the inconvenience.

Its interesting he admits there's a temperature rise (GMST) but says climate change has been overstated.
The temperature rise is recorded data that can't be argued with........however the affects of climate science aren't as easily quantifiable and are more empirical.

It's very well saying yes the planet is hotter but climate change isn't happening, but there's more floods, rising sea levels, more storms.

These computer models he talks about are just predictions because nobody has ever conducted an earth sized experiment of global greenhouse gases......it's never happened before

The painful decision is to roll back on the tech, live simpler lives and use less resources. But everyone wants a high standard of living, flying cars, foreign holidays etc. funny thing is, the UK has many wonderful holiday spots, but people don’t appreciate what we have
100% this. Impossible to achieve in a capitalist, liberal democracy.

Back