Truth About Global Warming

Ah, so size matters in the success argument? It's only bigger things that eat us that we're competing with, not even smaller things that eat us? :)

That asteroid that wiped out the dinosaurs did us a massive favour. We wouldn't have reached this level of technology if the huge carnivores hadn't died out. It's really only the past few hundred years where we've had technology that would have given us a chance against them if we'd tried to encroach on their territory. Does that make us a success? I'm not so sure. :) We've "won" by a technicality alone, essentially. T-Rex and its supercarnivore contemporaries around the world were probably the most successful large vertibrates in history IMO.

Oh, certainly more efficient. Alternatively we could just nuke a few large population centres to get the numbers down. Faster again, and much less organisation required. :lol:

We could blame it on the muslims and give us an excuse to annex the Middle East in the process. Win-win!
We have been incredibly successful in eradicating our competition big and little.
We have done it wherever we went.

As for the nuclear option it makes more sense than your, only sensible people can breed scenario.

As for climate change what do you recommend other than mass sterilisation?

As for climate change what do you recommend other than mass sterilisation?

Ban the civilian use of fossil fuels outright along with anything that uses non-renewable resources in the manufacturing process, like plastics.
Ban the use of anything that isn't biodegradable.
Install giant water pumps in the oceans to keep the currents flowing in the right ways to keep the right bits cool.
Install a giant farm of solar panels in the Sahara desert to supply clean and cheap energy to the entire planet.
Annex South America, transport the entire population to other continents, and allow it to become a giant nature preserve.
Remove Trump and his failed clone Boris from power and force them to live on a small remote island together for the rest of their lives, televised for the rest of us to watch their exploits trying to survive on what they can hunt or gather.

Not sure how much that last one would help the environment (although Trump did remove the US from the Paris accord, so...) but I'd find it entertaining.

Imagine being so up your own arse that you hear the title 'Life, liberty and Levin' and not think it laughably pompous. Like something Alan Partridge would think up for himself. :lol:

While I would never say I deny climate change/global warming.... but i do think that when quoted the scientists never mention one thing that i feel must contribute to it.

Now im no scientist, and this is a very crude experiment. But if I lie on the grass on a hot day, its far cooler than if I lie on a bit of tarmac which is red hot (and much less comfortable).

Now imagine that times many million, for the amount of tarmac and concrete that has replaced grass and plants and it cant be a major surprise that the planet is warming up.

It may be a minor contribution compared to car exhausts and factories. But i cant help but feel the more concrete we put down as airports, roads and cities, the more heat must be radiated back into the environment?

Now Im happy to be shot down on this, because I'm not a scientist, but is this too ridiculous a theory? Or is the effect so small its hardly noticable? Ive wondered about this for a while

While I would never say I deny climate change/global warming.... but i do think that when quoted the scientists never mention one thing that i feel must contribute to it.

Now im no scientist, and this is a very crude experiment. But if I lie on the grass on a hot day, its far cooler than if I lie on a bit of tarmac which is red hot (and much less comfortable).

Now imagine that times many million, for the amount of tarmac and concrete that has replaced grass and plants and it cant be a major surprise that the planet is warming up.

It may be a minor contribution compared to car exhausts and factories. But i cant help but feel the more concrete we put down as airports, roads and cities, the more heat must be radiated back into the environment?

Now Im happy to be shot down on this, because I'm not a scientist, but is this too ridiculous a theory? Or is the effect so small its hardly noticable? Ive wondered about this for a while
Well noted effect:

What's the f***ing point of arguing with you climate nutcases? You are all cracked man. Have a look on flightradar at all the planes in the air zipping about at any given time and tell me that the fact I have to wash my f***ing bottles out and put them in a different coloured bin is saving the planet. Google how many drones/missile strikes the USA have launched this year and then tell me why Elsie from Pallion gets abuse for putting garden waste in the wrong bin. You are f***ing mental the lot of you. Fuck's sake, half of the ordnance used to bomb the Middle East & North Africa back to the stone age in the name of democracy (killing millions) used depleted Uranium - but climate change is MY f***ing fault? Add into this subsea volcanoes etc etc.

What's the f***ing point of arguing with you climate nutcases? You are all cracked man. Have a look on flightradar at all the planes in the air zipping about at any given time and tell me that the fact I have to wash my f***ing bottles out and put them in a different coloured bin is saving the planet. Google how many drones/missile strikes the USA have launched this year and then tell me why Elsie from Pallion gets abuse for putting garden waste in the wrong bin. You are f***ing mental the lot of you. Fuck's sake, half of the ordnance used to bomb the Middle East & North Africa back to the stone age in the name of democracy (killing millions) used depleted Uranium - but climate change is MY f***ing fault? Add into this subsea volcanoes etc etc.
Hate to break it to you, but we've all decided that climate change is YOUR fault. Yours and yours alone, Ouro. Now quit your whining and take one for the team.

There certainly was in BladeRunner!

I noted this quote
"Monthly rainfall is greater downwind of cities, partially due to the UHI"

Might explain the unprecedented floods in the SouthEast? Though I have no idea if Surrey is downwind of London
Depends which way the wind is blowing at the time. It has a habit of changing direction :lol:

That's true of a lot of things to be fair. I reckon people who agree on Brexit are more likely to agree on other things like climate change, Trump, "muslim" grooming gangs etc.

On here you can often predict what certain posters position will be on a subject before you've even read their post.

Spot on. You could have predicted what many people on here would have voted before the referendum too.

Back