Trump calls for teachers to carry guns

Church To Hold A Controversial Blessing Ceremony For AR-15s

CBS Local — A church in Pennsylvania has thrown itself into the nationwide debate on gun laws by announcing they will be hosting a blessing ceremony for couples with an AR-15 assault rifle.

The controversial event is set to take place just two weeks after 17 people were killed in a Florida high school by a gunman using the same weapon.

The World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland, Pennsylvania, an offshoot of the Unification Church, is inviting couples to bring their semi-automatic rifles to the church on Feb. 28 to “show their willingness to defend their families, communities and nation.”

“All of the weapons in the ceremony will be checked to make sure they are unloaded, with a zip tie so that no bullets can be inserted,” Sanctuary Church president Richard Panzer said in an email obtained by The Times-Tribune.
Are they aware of a bit from their favourite book which says "thou shalt not kill", or something to the same effect? Guns in a church, only in America!

I was stunned when I heard this on the radio earlier :)

Consealed guns on teachers. So basically a student could take a gun off a teacher!

f***ing bonkers the yanks but not just Trump. Not one president has done a thing to curb gun laws.

Consealed guns on teachers. So basically a student could take a gun off a teacher!

f***ing bonkers the yanks but not just Trump. Not one president has done a thing to curb gun laws.

They have tried to curtail and make greater checks but failed.. NRA have so many votes in the pocket.

There needs to be a stand to not vote for NRA endorsed candidates ..

Giving teachers guns is a horrendous thing to do.

However people who think you can just wake up, ban guns in America and expect no violence in response are deluded.

John Oliver made a good point on his show (yes it's comedy, but still). The NRA have a lot of influence because their members actually turn up to things; votes, rallies, protests etc. The people wanting change are too apathetic to actually go and make it happen.
I don't doubt their influence, I just don't see it the way the media spin it as if they actually enable, enact and enforce the second amendment. I suspect the reason nothing has ever really changed much is that there just isn't the widespread popularity for constitutional reform.

I was at the eclipse in Oregon last year and the folk i stopped with were all in agreement that the overwhelming majority of gun owners in the US are upstanding, law-abiding citizens.....so why change the law....?

I don't doubt their influence, I just don't see it the way the media spin it as if they actually enable, enact and enforce the second amendment. I suspect the reason nothing has ever really changed much is that there just isn't the widespread popularity for constitutional reform.

I was at the eclipse in Oregon last year and the folk i stopped with were all in agreement that the overwhelming majority of gun owners in the US are upstanding, law-abiding citizens.....so why change the law....?

Nobody is saying remove all guns.. saying rwduce what type are available.. many of the ones who go on the rampage are law abiding citizens at one point. Something can send you over the edge and you have yjat arsenal at your finger tips

If the influence of the NRA is really so vague and powerless then why do they spend millions and millions and millions of dollars funding ‘certain’ candidates election campaigns? I’m sure it’s not just because they think these candidates are really nice blokes.

Not saying it's vague, i just don't see it as anywhere close to them having some kind of clamp over Congress. The republican party itself would need to change its default position on this for any chance of reform....kinda like a Labour Party/Clause 4 type scenario.

Nobody is saying remove all guns.. saying rwduce what type are available.. many of the ones who go on the rampage are law abiding citizens at one point. Something can send you over the edge and you have yjat arsenal at your finger tips
Totally agree mate. A handgun to defend your property and family 200 years ago has now morphed into semi automatic assault rifles and surface to air missiles, it's mental.

Pragmatism needs to overrule principle sharpish.

Last edited:
f***ing bonkers.

Concealed carrying teachers. Lunacy.

And the idiots crying about the second amendment, and the unchangeable constitution .....

Go and look up the eighteenth (and subsequent twenty first )amendment, you absolute arse clowns.

:neutral:

Last edited:

To be fair to Trump. Someone suggested it to him and he said he’d concider it. There’s nothing like a good news article bashing trump

So basically a student could take a gun off a teacher!
Yes, I'm sure the Teacher will keep a loaded gun on the desk so it would be very easy for a student to nick it and shoot an intruder if the teacher was on the lunch break for example..

Why did that young lad do it? Inspired by previous shootings?

I'm so glad I wasn't raised in the USA with guns around me. I might have grown to like/admire them too. So many American movies promote violence and guns. It's a sick culture.
American society is so full of hypocrisy, the 'American Dream' is a sham for most.
One problem now is that the nutters have the internet where they can find like minded people and a wealth of information to reinforce and progress sick views.

American society is so full of hypocrisy, the 'American Dream' is a sham for most.
One problem now is that the nutters have the internet where they can find like minded people and a wealth of information to reinforce and progress sick views.
The old american dream of a country that welcomes all immigrants was a nice one though. Seems to have been hoied out the window by trumpo and the nutters

Back