Truly dreadful English cricketers of the 21st century

Strong arguments for Tom Curran, Jade Dernbach, Simon Kerrigan (he got the yips mind) and Ansari

but I’m going Sam Billings. Somehow this fraud has played 57 international matches.
I'm f***ing shocked billings has managed that many innings.

But then you actually see his record and he averages 33 at 95 SR which I'm just as shocked at. As that's actually good.

Jade Dernbach has always been my boo boy. Tom Curran may as well be Jade dernbach without the shit sleeve tattoos.

Jake Ball has to be a shout. As bad as early Woakes and wouldn't have got any better.

I'm f***ing shocked billings has managed that many innings.

But then you actually see his record and he averages 33 at 95 SR which I'm just as shocked at. As that's actually good.

Jade Dernbach has always been my boo boy. Tom Curran may as well be Jade dernbach without the shit sleeve tattoos.

Jake Ball has to be a shout. As bad as early Woakes and wouldn't have got any better.
Billings had a couple of very good knocks last year. Before that it was dogshit

Rikki Clarke. Saj Mahmood.

Hard to beat Dernbach though. Just cos he bowled a back of hand slower ball.
Rikki Clarke. Saj Mahmood.

Hard to beat Dernbach though. Just cos he bowled a back of hand slower ball.
Clarke averaged 11 in 20 ODI’s with a top score of 39 and took 11 wickets. All rounder. Hmm.

Last edited:
James Bracey (so far) and Kerrigan stand out as having the least amount of positive impact.

Dernbach is a massive stand out of those who’ve played quite a bit.

I think people saying Billings is a bit harsh as (a bit like Luke Wright years ago) he often comes in right at the end without time to play himself in.

James Bracey (so far) and Kerrigan stand out as having the least amount of positive impact.

Dernbach is a massive stand out of those who’ve played quite a bit.

I think people saying Billings is a bit harsh as (a bit like Luke Wright years ago) he often comes in right at the end without time to play himself in.
Luke Wright had all the chances in the world and failed miserably. Yet been a beast on the domestic circuit.

To be honest he's probably the answer to this question. As other examples are just generally shit. He should have have been world beater and somehow was still shit.

Last edited:
Luke Wright had all the chances in the world and failed miserably. Yet been a beast on the domestic circuit.

To be honest he's probably the answer to this question. As other examples are just generally shit. He should have have been world beater and somehow was still shit.

i guess it's how you read the question. to me it's players who were genuienly bad and didn't deserve a cap, not players who were great but couldn't perform in international cricket otherwise surey ramps needs a mention somewhere

Back