Triathlons

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Butcher

Striker
Anyone know of any local "starter" tri's?? I know Peterlee and Seaham had one last year or previous, just wondering if there any planned for this year. Wouldnt mind giving it a go...I think the Seaham one was a 400m swim, 10 mile bike and 5 mile run, good starter point for me!!

Anyone know anything ??

http://www.trihard.co.uk/

Hope to do a couple this year and maybe build up to an Iron Man next year. Swimming is my weak link at the moment. I joined Durham Tri Club early this year. We do running sessions on the track at Maiden Castle on a Wednesday night and there are swimming sessions with top coaches on a Friday night (Woolsingham Pool), Saturday Evening (Durham) and Sunday lunch time (Chester-le-Street).
Also groups get together for bike rides usually on a Sunday morning.

I started doing triathlons back in the early 90's when they were just coming to prominence in this country. It's a wonderful sport and the combination of 3 activities, the very interesting technical side of things and the fantastic kit make it unbeatable imo.

I would advise anyone considering it to enter a sprint version and i guarantee you will get bitten by the tri bug.

I saw an advert for the Seaham one last night in the gym, knew I had seen it somewhere previous. Unfortunately its on the 1st July when I am at The Stone Roses gig :) I'll keep an eye open for other starter ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back