Triathlon thread 2022

i completed triathlon x on saturday, an absolute beast of an iron distance triathlon

THE FULL X - VOTED THE WORLD'S TOUGHEST 'IRON MAN' BY 220 MAG 2016 - 140 MILES WITH ALMOST 17,000 FEET OF CLIMBING. FOLLOWING THE RENOWNED FRED WHITTON CYCLE SPORTIVE ROUTE AND FINISHING WITH A RETURN MOUNTAIN RUN TO SCAFELL PIKE SUMMIT, THE FULL X PUNISHES YOU LIKE NO OTHER TRIATHLON​

i completed triathlon x on saturday, an absolute beast of an iron distance triathlon

THE FULL X - VOTED THE WORLD'S TOUGHEST 'IRON MAN' BY 220 MAG 2016 - 140 MILES WITH ALMOST 17,000 FEET OF CLIMBING. FOLLOWING THE RENOWNED FRED WHITTON CYCLE SPORTIVE ROUTE AND FINISHING WITH A RETURN MOUNTAIN RUN TO SCAFELL PIKE SUMMIT, THE FULL X PUNISHES YOU LIKE NO OTHER TRIATHLON​

Unreal mate. 70.3 on my list of things to do next year.

What was weather like? I’m just short of Snowdon summit and it’s dry but misty!

Canny mental that mind, well done! theres an extreme version aswell isnt there?
Aye, thats obscene. The elevation doesn't bother me, it's the steepness, i have to get off and push.
Unreal mate. 70.3 on my list of things to do next year.

What was weather like? I’m just short of Snowdon summit and it’s dry but misty!
Absolutely roasting, not a cloud in the sky. Bit windy on the top of scafell pike.

The half x is really difficult like

Last edited:

well done dan lad

Aye, thats obscene. The elevation doesn't bother me, it's the steepness, i have to get off and push.

Absolutely roasting, not a cloud in the sky. Bit windy on the top of scafell pike.

The half x is really difficult like

Aye I’ll be doing an easy one. Possibly Ironman Staffordshire or The Half Lakesman.

Small group of shit hot swimmers in roker sea this morn , no faces I recognised so prob from a club outside of sunland , possibly training for the event in august ?

Is there much of a slow age group contingent or is it all proper fast people?
Think it’s mixed mate , new beginners also , diff races as far as know . Dan will tell better .
Would love to try summit like this but recently broke ankle and tore ligaments in ankle calf and back from a fall , sick as. If find can ever run again then will try a new starters myself.
Sign up mate and do it , Dan will give you advice as he’s top lad and walks the walk

Back