Triathlon thread 2022

Unsurprising really. Only Duffy is on her level at the minute.

@D.A when signing up for the Sunderland event, I take it I sign up as general rather than age group qualifier? I don’t wanna rock up against blokes doing 30 minute 10ks😂
do they start at the same time? Why don't you try and qualify, no harm?

Ok quick question. I keep getting enter world triathlon championship in Sunderland on Facebook. Surely a random person can't just enter a world championship event?

Ok quick question. I keep getting enter world triathlon championship in Sunderland on Facebook. Surely a random person can't just enter a world championship event?

Aye you can . The actual elite race will be before the plebs ..I think @D.A will tell you more.

I'm entering

You can. There’s loads of races.

A couple of really short “taster” sessions.
A sprint distance
An Olympic distance open event (I’m doing this)
An Olympic distance qualifier event (this is what the best national athletes will be in, trying to qualify for the GB age group team)
The World Series event. This is the one the pros will race. People like GTB, Blumenfelt, Duffy etc
Aye you can . The actual elite race will be before the plebs ..I think @D.A will tell you more.

I'm entering

Which one you doing mate?

are there many SMBers doing this ? made out on the echo article that the standard race was sold out ? but if click link above looks like can still enter any of the categories ?

Last edited:

Back