Triathlon thread 2022

D.A

Striker
Do many people do triathlon on this board?

Target this year is sub 10 hours iron distance and a top 10 finish at the lakesman full distance.

Top 5 at sun city duathlon.

Yep. Going to try a couple this year. Never done one before. I’ll mainly use it as training for Duathlon. I’m more of a slow speed diesel than a high speed petrol so I find the middle and full distance stuff more interesting.

There are some brilliant personalities in the sport at the minute. Joe Skipper and Tom Oosterdijk’s Triathlon Mockery podcast is my go to for riding on the turbo. Class to see LCB finally get a world title at 70.3 worlds this year, the Norwegians are taking over the mens side too.

I’ll see how my bike and run comes along and may sign up for a 70.3 late in the season. My swimming is terrible so I’d just have to try and make the time cut.

Yep. Going to try a couple this year. Never done one before. I’ll mainly use it as training for Duathlon. I’m more of a slow speed diesel than a high speed petrol so I find the middle and full distance stuff more interesting.

There are some brilliant personalities in the sport at the minute. Joe Skipper and Tom Oosterdijk’s Triathlon Mockery podcast is my go to for riding on the turbo. Class to see LCB finally get a world title at 70.3 worlds this year, the Norwegians are taking over the mens side too.

I’ll see how my bike and run comes along and may sign up for a 70.3 late in the season. My swimming is terrible so I’d just have to try and make the time cut.
I find skipper annoying at times, not listened to the podcast like.

Where do you live? Join a local club to improve your swimming.

I watch it, does that count
Keep an eye out for Dan Dixon of Morpeth
He has qualified for Commonwealth games squad at 19 is a super prospect
Great to have a north east lad competing at elite level

CLS. I’ll have a look. I assumed you had to be a half decent swimmer to go with a club.
Your swimming will improve , all clubs have all abilities no different to running clubs , I’ve couple mates in local Tri clubs , are you sunland ? Do as Dan recommends join a club , he’s a great lad and will look after you

didnt mention the route but its probably online somewhere , some lass from suncity tri club was on also , roker harbour/seafront looks loads better nowadays compared to 20 year back

didnt mention the route but its probably online somewhere , some lass from suncity tri club was on also , roker harbour/seafront looks loads better nowadays compared to 20 year back

Aye it’s lush down there now like. Where lovelilly and that are is class, always heaving on a weekend. Roker riviera.

Back