Trialists

They were - around £3.8m. Even given the financial shit house of a situation which was inherited you would hope they would be a couple of million spent when something like £23m came in through player sales.

were millions not spent?
For this league the money spent should have been enough but the recruitment team whoever identified the targets failed in their duty! If it’s the same recruitment team this year we’ll be in the same situation next season as they missed the glaring shortfalls in our side/system being played, we simply needed pace and creativity in January and signed neither!

Heard 4 coming in start of training.
I haven’t read this thread. Surely if you expect to be taken seriously you will be able to name names. If you have accept my apologies, if you haven’t just pack it in.
Vauxie, you are seemingly from my era and I don’t want to dis you, but Haway man

For this league the money spent should have been enough but the recruitment team whoever identified the targets failed in their duty! If it’s the same recruitment team this year we’ll be in the same situation next season as they missed the glaring shortfalls in our side/system being played, we simply needed pace and creativity in January and signed neither!
this. we should have blown the league away given our budget.

The owners did all they could.

However, player recruitment failed as we badly needed pace, height and athletisim in the team. Ross's negative tactics were painful and horrible to watch. With a decent budget again we need to improve player recruitment and play attacking football and hopefully we will have enough this season.

There’s some toys being thrown out of the pram at a thread about a rumour that there’s four trialists coming in for training.

Without any concrete information on who, there’s not much to discuss here and nothing to throw your toys out of the pram about, at this stage.

We need new players and we’re looking at some, that’s good news to me.

You can't just blame the recruitment team as they tend to be guided by the manager who will ask them to find a player who fits his criteria tall/ fast / strong/etc they will then come up with candidates and then the manager has the yes or no decision to make if budget allows . Hopefully with the possibility of John Park joining we have the possibility of a big improvement on the horizon , don't write anyone off as their are BARGAINS to be found and don't forget we are a third tier club whether we like it or not so players are going to think more than twice before joining us.

There’s some toys being thrown out of the pram at a thread about a rumour that there’s four trialists coming in for training.

Without any concrete information on who, there’s not much to discuss here and nothing to throw your toys out of the pram about, at this stage.

We need new players and we’re looking at some, that’s good news to me.

One of them is Ryan Noble.

Back