Treadmills

Nobby

Winger
Lost Magpie
I do a lot of cardio on an elliptical trainer and fancy mixing it up with some treadmill work. I haven't run for years any suggestions for a routine to get startred

I do a lot of cardio on an elliptical trainer and fancy mixing it up with some treadmill work. I haven't run for years any suggestions for a routine to get startred
Are you asking for recommendations on buying one, or using one in a gym? I wouldn't personally buy one, it'd cost about the same as two years of membership at Pure / JD.

For routines, you can broadly follow any normal running plan and use the treadmill using it's pace (shown in p/km) and distance display. There's an argument that the first incline setting on a treadmill gives equivalence to running outdoors...I don't bother with that.

I like using them over winter for short interval sessions, but if you're going to be running steady 5k's or something like that I'd definitely get outdoors as it's so f***ing boring. (Just noticed the F word is censored on here now?)

Last edited:
Go to a gym, get to a mile on the first incline setting on a 9 minute mile pace and then increase distance by 1/10th of a mile a day. Once you get up to 3 miles on that pace/incline try increasing pace and interval work.

Back