Treadmills for the home

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to run free but it is harder, more prone to injuries, harder on the joints and a different discipline altogether. .

Motivation isn't the problem at all.

Hmm.

I much prefer running outside to be honest. See a lot more of the world and there's less chance of a weirdo running alongside me (compared with a treadmill in the gym). Personally if I was going to get a treadmill for the house I'd be looking around the classified ads and things for a cheap one, then if I got enough use out of it I would look to upgrade in a year or so.

pickles666 said:
quit spending £40 on chinese takeaway would help .:roll:

Wasn't a Chinese.

Sushi actually.

safc_graeme said:
Hmm.

I much prefer running outside to be honest. See a lot more of the world and there's less chance of a weirdo running alongside me (compared with a treadmill in the gym). Personally if I was going to get a treadmill for the house I'd be looking around the classified ads and things for a cheap one, then if I got enough use out of it I would look to upgrade in a year or so.

That's what I am doing. I-runs going for £200 on eBay.

I see road running and treadmill running as very different, like cycling and spin classes.

had 2 treadmlls over the last 12 years , tunturi initially , now i have the horizon elite 5.1 HT . couldnt do without it and actually run on it more than i run outside now (especially winter months ) love it for HIIT over running outside too

chuckyroll said:
had 2 treadmlls over the last 12 years , tunturi initially , now i have the horizon elite 5.1 HT . couldnt do without it and actually run on it more than i run outside now (especially winter months ) love it for HIIT over running outside too

Discontinued :-(

I've got this one...

Logon or register to see this image

Spot on imo......up to 5 minute miles and a 10% gradient....it's even got built in music speakers and ipod/mp3 connector.

I also do plenty of outdoors running but for what it cost (£550) it's great for structured running, intervals etc. No wind, rain or dogshit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back