Treadmill vs Fitbit

Had to do my running at the gym today rather than outside due to weather.

The treadmill said I did 10km in 57 minutes while the Fitbit (charge 3) said I did it in 62 minutes. A fair old difference.

What would you say is likely to be the more accurate of the 2? I had the treadmill set at 6.5mph so it shouldn’t be far away you’d think.

Why don’t you run outside in rain showers?

Unless you are seriously training for something serious in your life then I seriously wouldn’t be too fussed about the time/distance variations. Take one of the measurements to use as a comparison the next time you wimp out of a proper run.

You did some training which is good.
Being scared of rain is bad.

The treadmill said I did 10km in 57 minutes while the Fitbit (charge 3) said I did it in 62 minutes. A fair old difference.

What would you say is likely to be the more accurate of the 2? I had the treadmill set at 6.5mph so it shouldn’t be far away you’d think.

When I used a fitbit I used to find it would under estimate the distance I ran or walked pretty consistently.

Make the most of it outside at the minute when it rains too, much more fun than it being red hot!

57 minutes is about right for 10km at 6.5mph on treadmill

I realy like my fitbit tbf. started off with charge 2.. tried a few others and now back at charge 2 which is my favouroite.

would your height have anything to do with it? could be a stupid answer mind :)

Fitbits measure distance indoors based on stride length, which unless you've measured it perfectly and changed it, is going to be the default average. Outdoors it will use gps (depending on the model).

Treadmill will be right. Fitbit is an estimate.

Back