treadmill or crosstrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sanddancers

What's better for weight loss? Currently running on treadmill at 12.5kmh in 20min periods while I do the crosstrainer for 20mins on level 13 out of 20. Dont bother taking notoice of calories burnt on the machines as there aren't very accurate.

What's better for weight loss? Currently running on treadmill at 12.5kmh in 20min periods while I do the crosstrainer for 20mins on level 13 out of 20. Dont bother taking notoice of calories burnt on the machines as there aren't very accurate.

cross trainer is easier on your joints but its easier to cheat,

with the amount of time your on the machines you'll be better off doing hiit to maximise fat loss imo.

Rowing Machine ;)

I can kill 500cals in just over 30 minutes...

Gives more of an overall body workout anarl...

Got bad experience of rowing machines mate, went one them few year ago at temple park and went a little to hard on it and came flying off and smashed the wall length mirror behind me :oops:

cross trainer is easier on your joints but its easier to cheat,

with the amount of time your on the machines you'll be better off doing hiit to maximise fat loss imo.

What is hiit mate?

There's loads about it on this section, look for it and you'll soon get to know what it's all about.

Got bad experience of rowing machines mate, went one them few year ago at temple park and went a little to hard on it and came flying off and smashed the wall length mirror behind me :oops:

What is hiit mate?

interval training, it will mean you burn calories after you've finished, I've been trying to slim down a bit and without really changing my diet I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks, been doing weights as well.

just doing a constant pace means you only make big inroads after 30 mins iirc so either hiit or be on the machine for an hour.

vary what machines you use to help boredom.

try tabata hiit and then curse my name for all time.

interval training, it will mean you burn calories after you've finished, I've been trying to slim down a bit and without really changing my diet I've lost half a stone in 3 weeks, been doing weights as well.

just doing a constant pace means you only make big inroads after 30 mins iirc so either hiit or be on the machine for an hour.

I'm booked in for a spinning class tomorrow mate but its only 45 min long, reckon that will be good enough work out or will I need to hit the crosstrainer for a bit afterwards?

Just got rid of my cross trainer cause it was fucked (the intensity would turn itself down after about 4 seconds...)

So gonna get a new one when I can afford it and start doing this Tabata HIIT.

My only problem, is, it obviously must work, but only doing about 10-15 minutes exercise seems too little imo.

Just got rid of my cross trainer cause it was fucked (the intensity would turn itself down after about 4 seconds...)

So gonna get a new one when I can afford it and start doing this Tabata HIIT.

My only problem, is, it obviously must work, but only doing about 10-15 minutes exercise seems too little imo.

tabata is 4 minutes long and if you aren't goosed you're not trying hard enough, 20 sec sprint, 10 sec rest throw up then go home, alternate between that and weights or distance run,

1 min sprint with 2 min rest for 20 minutes. is good but hard to keep speed for that length of time.

you can do other exercises for tabata as well, anything that gets your heart beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back