Travelling / Airports at the moment

No they don’t.
Also this whole Coronavirus is an absolute over reaction. 80,000 people died of flu last year and fuck all was said about it. Flu is a pandemic every year. Give it a fancy name and everyone shits themselves.
Now Ebola.... that’s something to worry about if you get it !!

No they don’t.
Also this whole Coronavirus is an absolute over reaction. 80,000 people died of flu last year and fuck all was said about it. Flu is a pandemic every year. Give it a fancy name and everyone shits themselves.

Flu has been around for years man and people have built up immunity to it, there are also vaccines to help. Not worth comparing.

I saw plenty of face masks yesterday at birmingham new street but they were all looked Chinese.

Last edited:
No they don’t.
Over the years I've read some mind-blowing misinformed shit on this site but you have just trumped the lot combined....

Whether you like it or not it's a fact. 80,000 people from where?

What’s a fact ?

Globally 80,000 people died in 2018 due to the flu. It’s a pandemic every year but rarely makes the news.
Over the years I've read some mind-blowing misinformed shit on this site but you have just trumped the lot combined....

It’s a fact mate. Believe what you want but what I’ve quoted is factual .
Across the world.. this has done a 1000 at least in a very small area..

I don't give it a second thought but government's do not put restrictions in for nowt

Very very high percentage had underlying health issues. It’s a new / probably stronger version of flu. Chinese have reacted very strongly, which will help minimise the impact and spread.

Last edited:
What’s a fact ?

Globally 80,000 people died in 2018 due to the flu. It’s a pandemic every year but rarely makes the news.

Very very high percentage had underlying health issues. It’s a new / probably stronger version of flu. Chinese have reacted very strongly, which will help minimise the impact and spread.

In amongst almost 8 Billion people, whats that death rate compared to the death rate in wuhan?

What’s a fact ?

I respectfully suggest before you take to social media to spread a message that may influence others not to take this issue seriously you take a minute to research the facts on this virus in relation to herd immunity and pre and post symptomatic transmission as the consequences of your words could likely be very dangerous at best and lethal at worst.

Reported on the news here that business in Chinese restaurants is down 60% in some places. Bonkers.
You always get daft reactions like that. I remember the day after the 7/7 attacks and one of the girls who worked for me was late to work Her excuse was that she had to get a bus to work because she was "never getting on the metro ever again"

I respectfully suggest before you take to social media to spread a message that may influence others not to take this issue seriously you take a minute to research the facts on this virus in relation to herd immunity and pre and post symptomatic transmission as the consequences of your words could likely be very dangerous at best and lethal at worst.

What part of what I’ve said do you disagree with ?

In amongst almost 8 Billion people, whats that death rate compared to the death rate in wuhan?

Wuhan is one of China’s most densely populated city’s and has an extensive live animal market which is what this strain of flu has been linked too. An epicentre to any outbreak of this nature will have a higher number of casualties.

What part of what I’ve said do you disagree with ?
Firstly your inference that it is an 'overeaction' by which I assume you mean the mobilization of the entire Chinese political, healthcare and military complex to isolate this outbreak and the media reporting and warnings of the consequences of a greater pandemic spread.

Secondly your comparison of the annual global mortality figures for N1H1 influenza with this coronavirus which is only weeks into an outbreak and already declared a pandemic.

I suggest the above combined would be similar to declaring two months into WW2 that the death figures proved it was irrelevant and no where near as bad as WW1.

Back