Travelling abroad again

Slightly off topic but realistically how long can all these planes sit parked up on runways before maintenance starts to become a major issue?

yeah exactly, the whole thing will fall apart like.

in every industry there is gonna have to be a balance until the vaccine

Slightly off topic but realistically how long can all these planes sit parked up on runways before maintenance starts to become a major issue?

yeah exactly, the whole thing will fall apart like.

in every industry there is gonna have to be a balance until the vaccine

"
Parked aircraft, Jaafari notes, need to be checked regularly, usually once a week, by qualified mechanics to ensure that there is no damage. As a rule, she says, it takes some 60 working hours to mothball an Airbus A320, and should take about the same time to bring one back into service.

Though the timescale will be slightly different for each aircraft, what that means is that relaunching the global commercial air fleet will have to be a staggered process, rather than an immediate spike back to the way things were — and some planes may not return at all. "

It's also why we won't see certain aircraft like the 747 return - they're just too old and costly to maintain when they aren't flying.

My Mam was keen on doing an European Christmas market for her 70th birthday which is the weekend before Christmas. I hope we still get to go somewhere.

I had just signed a new contract to work in Guyana, like everyone else I’ve no idea what will happen now.

This year is a write off. No hope of getting away in the summer. Have accepted that a while ago.

On the plus side it has been a great year for the planet and slowing climate change for a bit. Sadly I think flights will see record high numbers once this settles down and we'll begin up eat ourselves again. We can't go back to what we were like, this is such an opportunity to re-evaluate.

Yep if we don’t do it now, we never will.

Can’t see it happening for a while but might be some bargains about when it becomes possible again. Will take a while for people to get confident again imo. Could be wrong like and everyone might go to Spain the day they lift the ban.

Yep if we don’t do it now, we never will.

Indeed. We won't though. Problem is with these things is that people don't react until it hits them personally, you've seen that with this virus. Unfortunately when we in the western world feel the impact of climate change it'll be about a decade too late to panic change. Mad world, as that twat said once.

My Mam was keen on doing an European Christmas market for her 70th birthday which is the weekend before Christmas. I hope we still get to go somewhere.
You may be able to go, but you’ll have to take a health risk if you do. Personally, I can’t see any overseas travel for the rest of this year.

Back