Travel lodge destroyed over missing wages (600 quid)

Agree.
But if said businesses had any idea about PLANNING their work properly, then a balanced workforce could easily be held and maintained throughout the year - which in the long term would be beneficial to them.

Thats bollocks Im affraid mate. In a similar trade and been known to need 16 men at one point and none a fortnight later.

You’d be amazed at the short nitice big jobs can be either triggered or scrapped.

You could employ all those blokes but you’d be bust in a fortnight.

To those saying the blokes did nowt, cause not, hes probably sorted them another 2 months graft!:lol:

You can murder, kill, maim or rape someone and do less time than this.

The CJS only comes down hard on people when money is involved.
Tbf there have been terror attacks that have done less damage than this bloke.

Isn't the standard tariff for murder 15 years, and rape 7?

and fined £600
£430,000 worth of damage. He's done well for only a £600 fine.

And 5 years and 4 months.
Tbf there have been terror attacks that have done less damage than this bloke.

Isn't the standard tariff for murder 15 years, and rape 7?
Was reading earlier about a 17 year old who got stabbed and killed by his mate. His mate didn't cop a murder or manslaughter charge (or a charge for telling fibs that somebody else did it and drive off in a Golf), just a charge for carrying a weapon and was out in a few months.

5 years, 4 months for a bit of vandalism is pretty harsh in comparison. If you look at his story and what the money meant to him (and look at how the poorest suffer in the UK) you can at least empathise with him. That doesn't dismiss the wrong he did though.

Last edited:
Was reading earlier about a 17 year old who got stabbed and killed by his mate. His mate didn't cop a murder or manslaughter charge (or a charge for telling fibs that somebody else did it and drive off in a Golf), just a charge for carrying a weapon and was out in a few months.

5 years, 4 months for a bit of vandalism is pretty harsh in comparison. If you look at his story and what the money meant to him (and look at how the poorest suffer in the UK) you can at least empathise with him. That doesn't dismiss the wrong he did though.
The 17 year-old in that case wasn't convicted of murder or manslaughter so it's a moot point tbh mate.

Well it's funny how you can take a life , lie about it and whilst carrying a knife (4 year sentence on its own) and only do a few months.
I don't think it's funny, but you can only expect someone to be sentenced based on crimes they've been found guilty of rather than crimes they've committed. Blokes effectively gotten 2 years 8 months and a £600 fine for going on a rampage with a digger, I don't think that's harsh tbh.

I don't think it's funny, but you can only expect someone to be sentenced based on crimes they've been found guilty of rather than crimes they've committed. Blokes effectively gotten 2 years 8 months and a £600 fine for going on a rampage with a digger, I don't think that's harsh tbh.
Do you think that is a more serious crime than carrying a knife that you then go on to take a life with?

Do you think that is a more serious crime than carrying a knife that you then go on to take a life with?
Depends, potentially it could be.

But again, the guy you brought up was charged with carrying a knife, not doing anything with it. Whether he killed someone with it or not isn't relevant to his sentence. Driving a digger into a building full of workmen and smashing the place up with it is 100% more serious than having a knife in your pocket.
Manley, of St Aidan’s Way in Netherton, was also disqualified from driving for four years and one month.

:neutral:
:lol:

Last edited:

I've been banging this drum for years. This is a man who is ZERO danger to the public, yet he's in prison.

A prison system that has to release violent criminals including killers, rapists and terrorists, early, because there's no space in prisons.

FFS, absolute madness.

Eh? most white collar fraud is woefully under prosecuted imo

...and minimum for murder is 15 years (adult over 18, 12 years if younger)

Last edited:
Obviously his previous convictions for criminal damage have contributed to him getting more time behind bars than expected.
I feel sorry for the lad - it's the scumbag employers who he worked for want f***ing too - leaving a man desperate to get his wages - which were quite rightly his.

Back