Transport for Boro game. How we get there I don’t know......

If I get a ticket tomorrow might book with the Chester branch
Best be quick as possibly already full mate.

Shields branch also a tenner (not sure about concessions but I'd guess it'd be no concessions for this one, always worth asking though!). Couple of options to avoid having to pay £15 with ALS!
Is that Pikeys bus from the galleries as opposed to Caer Urfa? (Diamond)

Strange thing with ALS and SAFC Supporters Association is they both use Jim Hughes coaches and are normally the same price so the £5 cheaper on such a short journey is very strange.

Last edited:

Train from Sunderland for us. Just how full are they going to be? :lol: I’ve opted for the 9.50(approx) one just to be sure. Imagine it being f***ing bedlam

Train from Sunderland for us. Just how full are they going to be? :lol: I’ve opted for the 9.50(approx) one just to be sure. Imagine it being f***ing bedlam

I wouldn't imagine the 9.50 to be too bad if the O'Neill cup game down there is anything to go by as the earlier train that night was busy but not rammed, it was the one after that was bedlam which this time would be the 10.50. No doubt we'll hear absolutely fuck all as to whether extra carriages will be put on or not so people could plans around it.

That said does anyone know if the club had free buses on that night? If they did then it could be a lot worse this time with no free buses being put on.

Last edited:
Best be quick as possibly already full mate.

Is that Pikeys bus from the galleries as opposed to Caer Urfa? (Diamond)

Strange thing with ALS and SAFC Supporters Association is they both use Jim Hughes coaches and are normally the same price so the £5 cheaper on such a short journey is very strange.
Will do mate,cheers

I wouldn't imagine the 9.50 to be too bad if the O'Neill cup game down there is anything to go by as the earlier train that night was busy but not rammed, it was the one after that was bedlam which this time would be the 10.50. No doubt we'll hear absolutely fuck all as to whether extra carriages will be put on or not so people could plans around it.

That said does anyone know if the club had free buses on that night? If they did then it could be a lot worse this time with no free buses being put on.

the way back is going to be just as messy. match finishes at 2.50pm. theres a train from boro at 3.30 and another at 4.30 then the next one is 5.45. if people dont get on the first one, the natural thing to do will be to separate and find a boozer. and thats when the bother will start. some people wont be able to get a train home till nearly 4 hours after kick off. what do the police expect will happen? if they are reading this, do your f***ing jobs and sort it out. nee one wants bother, but its like they are forcing it on people

the way back is going to be just as messy. match finishes at 2.50pm. theres a train from boro at 3.30 and another at 4.30 then the next one is 5.45. if people dont get on the first one, the natural thing to do will be to separate and find a boozer. and thats when the bother will start. some people wont be able to get a train home till nearly 4 hours after kick off. what do the police expect will happen? if they are reading this, do your f***ing jobs and sort it out. nee one wants bother, but its like they are forcing it on people

Aye hadn't even considered afterwards yet and normally you have the backup option of jumping on a free bus if for whatever reason the train isn't a goer but you're right, especially if we win and the local knacker element act up. The only pub I'm aware of near the station is always full of Boro when we get taken past, the police locked them in it in November until we were gone so I can't imagine that place is an option.

There was free busses that night no was on them.

Not sure the police have that much power tbh. I’m sure there’s a lad works for the rail who gets on here can verify the difficulty on putting on extra trains.

I'm surprised they've let 4K of us travel down without any extra transport

Unlike the the last time we played them only half the amount & wasn't there 3 trains back unlike normal

There was free buses on that night bud. 9:50 train will get ya into Boro really early with neewhere to go tho wont it?

Back