Transforming Sunderland's Fortunes

Maybe he was interviewed before the hub was announced. I don’t think they post the interview within hours.[/QUOTE]
Your correct. But considering the parliament post was just an two year extension of a previous proposal made by Sunderland council to I very much doubt it.

Think the Pendulum thing sounds shite me. Like everything else though. Will look class when we get the cable cars going across from the Vaux site to the sports village on Sheepfolds.

Essentially we're been asked to put faith in a regime that has overseen sunderland become synonymous with second rate mediocrity. This surely is not in dispute by anyone with a modicum of impartiality.

Its like Ellis Short asking us yet again to trust him and get on board when all we've known is him fuck things up and make bad decisions.

I sincerely hope we get everything that has been proposed and that it gives us all some much needed civic pride, but Sunderland Council have absolutely no right to expect anyone to have confidence in their ability to deliver.

I hope they prove me wrong.

Essentially we're been asked to put faith in a regime that has overseen sunderland become synonymous with second rate mediocrity. This surely is not in dispute by anyone with a modicum of impartiality.

Its like Ellis Short asking us yet again to trust him and get on board when all we've known is him fuck things up and make bad decisions.

I sincerely hope we get everything that has been proposed and that it gives us all some much needed civic pride, but Sunderland Council have absolutely no right to expect anyone to have confidence in their ability to deliver.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why do all these companies have silly names like 'igloo' and CEOs who think jumpers are appropriate businesswear?

Apart from that WDSC.
I like jumpers but the company naming thing is often hilarious. It's probably been satirised to death now. IT companies are outstanding at it but my favourite is rather innocuous sounding Jenkins which makes me laugh each time I have to use it, particularly in conjunction with Github.

What are you classing as a 'regime'
The current leadership has been in charge for 9 years now, which theres been more investment than any part of my life time. Much of which started since the abolition of the tynesidecentric One NE. Coincidence?

The CEO (who actually runs the show really) has only been there a couple of years.

Using your football analogy its like blaming mic mac and the 15 point season team for our current situation

Me n brother were discussing this couple of weeks ago. Walking from keel square there is the vaux site, river sides near the bridge which could be developed, the area behind the vaux site and b&q (looks like grassland), sheep folds. All this could be prime location for new modern offices, homes etc. Just waiting for someone to unlock it all and why hasnt it been done? Council wanting too much?

Wow really going for it ain't ya. Sound a canny lad you like. Full of great stories and that. Makes me proud to be from Sunderland. Done nothing with your life so you try to ridicule people. Deary me.

Are you sure about that?

I like that if the pendulum turns out anything like the video, and love the whole concept of the keel line whoever came up with it, but umm where is the monorail?
Aye that video is impressive, it really is. I love seeing and hearing the people who made us what we are....who gave us that sense of Civic pride that is now sadly lacking.

However I wonder if the man who posted the video would tell the people in it that the Doxfords gatehouse is something nobody gives a fuck about...or talk to them about rusty cranes and how ridiculous a notion it is to emulate what they've done on the Clyde so successfully.

I think not.

Aye that video is impressive, it really is. I love seeing and hearing the people who made us what we are....who gave us that sense of Civic pride that is now sadly lacking.

However I wonder if the man who posted the video would tell the people in it that the Doxfords gatehouse is something nobody gives a fuck about...or talk to them about rusty cranes and how ridiculous a notion it is to emulate what they've done on the Clyde so successfully.

I think not.
What is it about the gatehouse that has you so worked up? All your ideas seem to be for a living museum rather than a place with an actual modern identity. We have a couple of working cranes down at the port and that's more important now than creating a relic.

I'll drink to that.

Back