Transfer Dealings

Yeah, this is being lost a lot. In championship and league two we would have been top or 2nd pretty much all season with our points per game. Terribly unlucky that league one has 4 teams on course for a great points total.

Absolutely, the similarities in ours and Lincolns record is kind of strange. Lots of fight in both teams, both refusing to lose but being held to a lot of draws.

Perspective of how others are doing helps a lot, this is a fantastic example of how our season has actually been a good one.

Lincoln have "won at a canter" with 85 points from 44 (1.93 points per game), and we're having a nightmare according to some with 84 points from 43 (1.97 points per game) with very similar records.

Lincoln W23 D16 L5
Sunderland W22 D18 L3
Thirteen teams in League One could be relegated at the end of the season

It's a statistician's wet dream but the fact remains we've not done as well as Luton, Barnsley and Portsmouth

Perspective of how others are doing helps a lot, this is a fantastic example of how our season has actually been a good one.

Lincoln have "won at a canter" with 85 points from 44 (1.93 points per game), and we're having a nightmare according to some with 84 points from 43 (1.97 points per game) with very similar records.

Lincoln W23 D16 L5
Sunderland W22 D18 L3
I see your point, but if there's two better teams than us, it's not been a good season especially if we miss out in the play offs

I see your point, but if there's two better teams than us, it's not been a good season especially if we miss out in the play offs

I also see your point, but we can only control what we achieve. Look at Liverpool/Man City, one of them are going to miss out but there's not much more they could have gave. Some times it's out of your hands.

Well that Coventry lad on loan from Wolves is!!!! Enobakhare??

Surprised he's fallen this far, they had high hopes for him once. Can surely get to Championship level.

Some very good points being made, and for once sensible replies on this forum :lol: Do people still think Aribo from Charlton would be a good signing? I know he keeps getting mentioned

On a free, off to a higher level. Abroad apparently, like Maja.

Last edited:
I also see your point, but we can only control what we achieve. Look at Liverpool/Man City, one of them are going to miss out but there's not much more they could have gave. Some times it's out of your hands.
This wasn't put of our hands tho sadly in my.opinion anyway

I'd have any of Mowatt, Pinnock and Lindsay from Barnsley if we went up and they didn't. Jamaal Lowe from Pompey.

Hiwula, Maddison, Lyle Taylor, Siriki Dembele, Gnanduillet have all looked dangerous in games against us too.

Priority has to be 2 decent CH regardless of League as our CHs have cost us dearly this season and go get Maddison

If we are in League One, the only recruitment I would focusing on would be the defence. We need a backup keeper for JMc, a new right back and 2 new centre halves

if we are still in League One i think well need a replacement for JMc rather than a backup as i can't see us keeping ahold of him if we are still in league one next season.

Last edited:
Priority has to be 2 decent CH regardless of League as our CHs have cost us dearly this season and go get Maddison

if we are still in League One i think well need a replacement for JMc rather than a backup as i can't see us keeping ahold of him if we are still in league one next season.
Don’t think our goalkeeper will be away, by the time next season comes he’ll be 32 and I’d say he’s playing at the biggest club he’ll will play for. He came down to div 1 to sign for us so why not spend another year down here if we don’t go up. I personally think he will be playing in the championship next year without moving on.

The spine of the team needs addressing and by that I mean a centre back, centre mid field and centre forward.. Keeper is ok but those 3 positions need to be sorted whatever division we are in and with relatively young athletic players. Not the formula used this season, (history of success in League 1).

Back