Transfer/Contract craic - that time of the year again

Chris Dent standing down as Captain at Gloucestershire after 4 years. Done a decent job there!
County stalwart Pete Trego retires aged 40. Smashing county cricketer who nearly came to Durham the first time he left Somerset many years ago.

Last edited:
I've watched Durham closely all year, as in on streams and on radio and add games etc, but I have not followed any contract stuff

Any of the top boys on here give me a quick summary on who is leaving, and if we are expected to have spaces to bring people in?

I've watched Durham closely all year, as in on streams and on radio and add games etc, but I have not followed any contract stuff

Any of the top boys on here give me a quick summary on who is leaving, and if we are expected to have spaces to bring people in?
Basically all senior players have at least 12 months left on their contracts so there should not be any regular first teamer leaving.
Only got 14/15 fully contracted players not including The England pair.
From the squad that was to start last season we have lost 4 batsmen in Harte, Steel, Burnham and Bancroft with only Jones being upgraded from a rookie contract to a fully contract.
The only academy player i can see possibly getting a contract is Doneathy who is more a seam bowling all rounder. The others are more likely to get rookie contracts.
Depending on funds I would imagine theun are looking to sign batsmen and probably a versatile slow bowler.

I assume a rookie contract is a stepping stone between academy and senior contract with commensurate salary.
Doneathy,Crawshaw and Macintosh have pushed on in 2021,Gibson and Bushnell appear to have plateaud.

Last edited:
Notice that Jack Campbell is not on that list. Gibson has been offered a 2nd "rookie" contract.
Do not know if he has refused one or not offered one ??

Back