Tranmere Away Potential Date Change

Why not just rearrange it for the Wednesday now and then people can arrange transport, hotels, time off work etc?

Potentially changing it 5 days before is a bit shit
Far too logical that. Surely even if Tranmere get beat they’ll play Blackpool on Sunday 26th January instead of 25th January. Should rearrange for the Wednesday to enable everyone to make arrangements.

What a fcuking mess!!!

Booked hotel back in September and train tkts beginning of December and taking 2 days off work (unpaid), with now possibly the Thursday being taken off to and more missed pay.

Now have to take one more day off work (Thursday), in the event of the match being moved 24hrs.

There are still dirt cheap hotels in Merseyside available for the possible rearranged fixture, but now have to wait another week to see if I have to shell out on more train tkts, as the ones bought in December will be lost.

Why does our match have to be moved when Watford played Bournemouth on the Sunday and were due to play last night - the same time difference as Tranmere playing the 26th and then the 28th against the lads.

Football on TV fcuking up the true fans who follow their club all over the country.

I'll be there whatever the date it's played, but out of pocket in the process ( lost train tkts/new hotel booking/another days pay lost

What a fcuking mess!!!

Why does our match have to be moved when Watford played Bournemouth on the Sunday and were due to play last night - the same time difference as Tranmere playing the 26th and then the 28th against the lads.

Football on TV fcuking up the true fans who follow their club all over the country.

That's presumably because Watford don't give a toss about the FA cup, hence they've agreed to the rearranged date for this replay being just 48 hours after a PL game vs Villa.

Tranmere should be told to make their mind up now. But I'd expect the wankers at the EFL to sit and twiddle their thumbs rather than represent the fans who ultimately pay their wages. They're like a lot of similar governance bodies - full of people with zero intelligence and an inability to think beyond their 5pm finishes, 7-weeks a year hols and comfortable pay packet.

What a fcuking mess!!!

Booked hotel back in September and train tkts beginning of December and taking 2 days off work (unpaid), with now possibly the Thursday being taken off to and more missed pay.

Now have to take one more day off work (Thursday), in the event of the match being moved 24hrs.

There are still dirt cheap hotels in Merseyside available for the possible rearranged fixture, but now have to wait another week to see if I have to shell out on more train tkts, as the ones bought in December will be lost.

I'll be there whatever the date it's played, but out of pocket in the process ( lost train tkts/new hotel booking/another days pay lost
Watford aren’t bothered about the cup so would have made 11 changes hence them not requesting a rearrangement. Tranmere are entitled to request a delay of 24 hours and I’m sure they will do as there’s no point in them not. This should be sorted now though as they have a game on the weekend before ours whether it’s Blackpool in the league or an FA Cup 4th round game. They may of course have been told that the Blackpool game would be played on the Saturday if they get beat, however, the tv will be behind making them play on the Thursday.
TRFC website

Tranmere Rovers can confirm if the Club advances to the fourth round of the Emirates FA Cup, our home fixture against Sunderland will be re-scheduled to Wednesday 29th January, 7.45pm kick-off at Prenton Park.

The League One match against the Black Cats is currently scheduled to take place on Tuesday 28th January.

Last edited:
So they cant play Sunday afternoon then tuesday night. But can play thursday night then Saturday afternoon?
Can't find anything to confirm that their game against Blackpool is going ahead on the Saturday. That'll be more complicated as Blackpool play Wycombe on the Tuesday after so that would have to be put back 24 hours as well. Don't be surprised if there's further updates next week as things change.

I very much doubt our game will be moved. If they win replay then they will play next round on Sunday and us on Tuesday. If they lose they will play Blackpool on either Saturday or Sunday and us on Tuesday.

I very much doubt our game will be moved. If they win replay then they will play next round on Sunday and us on Tuesday. If they lose they will play Blackpool on either Saturday or Sunday and us on Tuesday.
It's already been announced by Tranmere if they beat Watford the Sunderland game will be played on Wednesday 29th January

Fuck all the waiting for further announcements etc.....

Booked a 2nd night at the hotel I'm staying at for the Wed night, and return single train tkt for Thursday morning meaning a day before/after the match to go Beatles sightseeing in Liverpool - Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Walton, Mendips etc.

This Beatles fanatic has found a positive to the "f***ing around" concerning our fixture against Tranmere. Some decent pubs in Liverpool too, to while away an afternoon.

Happy Days :cool:

I mean if the power of the fanzines is so strong to get Donald Out then they should put pressure on the club to tell Tranmere to refund all the new rail tickets and hotel rooms brought if it does get moved. 4 days notice is nothing

agree. fanzines should be all over stuff like this. send one of them open letter things to safc and tranmere, asking them to clarify why they can't just move it to wednesday regardless, to allow fans to do the things that enable them to go to games, things that clubs clearly have no knowledge of, weird and obscure things like booking trains and putting holidays in at work.

embarrass them into doing something. i'd imagine both clubs are not being intentionally inconvenient, the fans welfare just hasn't crossed their minds

Booked a 2nd night at the hotel I'm staying at for the Wed night, and return single train tkt for Thursday morning meaning a day before/after the match to go Beatles sightseeing in Liverpool - Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Walton, Mendips etc.

This Beatles fanatic has found a positive to the "f***ing around" concerning our fixture against Tranmere. Some decent pubs in Liverpool too, to while away an afternoon.

And when the game gets called off due to Tranmere's shit pitch, then you'll get the full two days there ;)

And when the game gets called off due to Tranmere's shit pitch, then you'll get the full two days there ;)

This ^^:D

Or pop over to Manchester for the day and do" The Smiths" sights and Manchester Brewery tour (Hydes, Holts, Lees):cool:
agree. fanzines should be all over stuff like this. send one of them open letter things to safc and tranmere, asking them to clarify why they can't just move it to wednesday regardless, to allow fans to do the things that enable them to go to games, things that clubs clearly have no knowledge of, weird and obscure things like booking trains and putting holidays in at work.

embarrass them into doing something. i'd imagine both clubs are not being intentionally inconvenient, the fans welfare just hasn't crossed their minds

This exactly Tunstall.

I wonder if our FLO is on this too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Whereabouts are you staying?

This is an issue for us too as my dad is planning on stopping the night but can't book his hotel.

Back