Tranmere Away Potential Date Change

Whereabouts are you staying?

This is an issue for us too as my dad is planning on stopping the night but can't book his hotel.

PM sent marra.

When booking my extra night for the (29th), rooms still available đź‘Ť

It’s all irrelevant since they will abandon the game at the slightest sign of light drizzle. Or does that only happen when their strikers are injured?

From Blackpool website.

Following discussions with The EFL, the Club can confirm that its home league match against Tranmere Rovers will remain scheduled for Saturday 25 January, kick-off 3pm.

This would seem to confirm that if Tranmere lose to Watford our game is on the Tuesday as planned and if Tranmere beat Watford it moves to the Wednesday

Just goes to show that the whole thing is a joke.

Basically, Tranmere / the league have decided it is acceptable for them to play Blackpool just 40 hours after the end of the Watford game.

But when it comes to Sunderland, a gap of 50 hours (after a potential Sunday FA Cup TV game) ISN'T sufficient... so they'll put it back a day, seriously inconveniencing the travelling away fans.

I know planning, costs and players all come into their thinking (no doubt who the opposition is, and prob other external factors too) but the needs of the fans are simply too far down that list for it to be acceptable IMHO.

Back