Train Fares

karlm14

Striker
Admittedly I don’t use trains very often at all, I prefer to drive.

Looking at prices to come back from London on Monday and it’s actually cheaper to fly from London to Palma airport, have a few hours stay and fly back Newcastle than it is to get a direct from London to Newcastle on a train. Absolutely appalling really isn’t it?

Looking at prices to come back from London on Monday and it’s actually cheaper to fly from London to Palma airport, have a few hours stay and fly back Newcastle than it is to get a direct from London to Newcastle on a train. Absolutely appalling really isn’t it?

Simple answer. Yes.

Last couple of times I've been back to the UK, the train home from Manchester airport has cost more than my flight to the UK.

Simple answer. Yes.

Last couple of times I've been back to the UK, the train home from Manchester airport has cost more than my flight to the UK.

How is it justifiable and sustainable? Why do people pay those prices for a few hours convenience. Bonkers mate.

Well there’s not many can compete with Ryan Air TBF.

Train fares are an absolute sham mind. 12 weeks before, split tickets blah blah. It’s a right pain trying to get the best price.

How is it justifiable and sustainable? Why do people pay those prices for a few hours convenience. Bonkers mate.

Here in Sweden the closer you leave it to purchasing train tickets, the prices actually go down rather than up as the train company are selling unsold tickets, and people buy early so as to make sure they get the train they want, rather than the British way of ripping off customers. Funnily enough, the national train company SJ have nice trains and are relatively reliable as well. Go figure.

Don't know why anyone travels on train, always f***ing stink and overpriced, would rather walk

There'll be no flights anywhere come Monday mate. I read it on the politics forum.

Back