Traffic scheme North Bridge St Dame Dorothy St

And, job done but it’s still useless, I use it every day, it’s a one way bus one too which is pointless. I just drive through it
That part of the Avenue was a busy little shopping area in the 70s with pretty much everything you would need and it was busy with pedestrians. Apart from Henderson which mainly sells sandwiches and that kind of stuff now but is still a reasonable butchers, there’s not much else. No fruiters, no bakers which leaves pedestrians a bit thin on the ground. You’re more likely to get a piss head falling out the bookies than an older person shopping and navigating traffic.
Noticed that at the Bolton game - someone is going to get flattened and nothing will be done until that happens which is ridiculous.
There’s several email chains between me and the council that would add some weight to a case against the council should that happen. I was told in one chain that policing that with enforcement should happen before the tall ships

Last edited:
That part of the Avenue was a busy little shopping area in the 70s with pretty much everything you would need and it was busy with pedestrians. Apart from Henderson which mainly sells sandwiches and that kind of stuff now but is still a reasonable butchers, there’s not much else. No fruiters, no bakers which leaves pedestrians a bit thin on the ground. You’re more likely to get a piss head falling out the bookies than an older person shopping and navigating traffic.

There’s several email chains between me and the council that would add some weight to a case against the council should that happen. I was told in one chain that policing that with enforcement should happen before the tall ships
A reasonable butchers?? Find me a better butcher north of the Wear.
Anyway the one way bus lane. Pointless

Back