Tradesmen

Looks like many are still working in houses etc. If they are confined to one room in a home is this allowed? I know the government haven’t banned them working.
Surely it’s non essential work?
But if they can work safely, it’s money for them and their family?

we need a room plastering, but I don’t think we should be asking anyone into the house currently.
Your thoughts?
Next door had plasterers in over the weekend, and I did a cabling job this morning. I didn't go anywhere near anyone else.

We’re half way through having wetroom sorted but the tiler quite rightly has stopped working for now , I think both me and him indoors have had the virus but even so I wouldn’t expect him to take the risk. Same with our cleaner , I am very sad about the cleaner

I had a leak coming through the ceiling at the weekend. I pulled the floorboards up found the leak. Plumber come out to fix it, I told him to just come straight in, go upstairs and he'd see what needs doing. PayPal transfer of the money and job was done with no contact as he was wearing gloves.
I just need B&Q to open so I can have a crack at fixing the ceiling.
They are open you can also click and collect

Essential work like water pipes leaking or gas or dangerous appliances, electrical(s)...then, obviously people will require those services which I would think were ultra essential.
Wanting your decorating done and suchlike is non-essential and would be a job better served by those already in the home which would go a long way to cutting down on boredom, etc.
And to think: Imagine the skills some will acquire.
More DIY equals more A&E visits

Really? I heard they were shut. I need topsoil and turf.
Walked pass the one in Dragonville today on my daily walk, people were coming out with gear might be just click and collect. Might be hard to get turf there usually delivered fresh every day place at Leameside delivers

Boiler broke down yesterday. Essential repair needed. Lad turned up from 24/7 Home Rescue this morning. We and him obeyed the rules. Boiler fixed no problems. I phoned the company before he turned up to verify that he was virus free. Job done.

Same as us, used our Corgi warranty.
Lad turned up, needed a board which he didn't have.
Phoned to say he's on his way this afternoon.
Combi is in the garage so save for everyone

Looks like many are still working in houses etc. If they are confined to one room in a home is this allowed? I know the government haven’t banned them working.
Surely it’s non essential work?
But if they can work safely, it’s money for them and their family?

we need a room plastering, but I don’t think we should be asking anyone into the house currently.
Your thoughts?
should be using their own entrance!!

We had ordered new bedroom carpets a couple of weeks ago. I rang the shop on the Monday morning, and they said we were first delivery for fitting Tuesday. Monday afternoon Bojo locks the country down. We had all the old carpets ripped up, bedrooms emptied, junk all over the place, and the fitters never turned up. Our gaff looks like a Stanley showhouse now ffs.

Back