Track and Trace app poll

Will you be downloading the Track and Trace app?

• Yes I'll download it

Votes: 104 30.9%
  • No I won't

Votes: 176 52.2%
  • Undecided as yet

Votes: 57 16.9%

• Total voters
I find it strange we don't seem to have any update on this iow trial for a week now.. No % download data. No figures nothing.. Unless I have missed something it seems its almost been forgotten

I think the IoW was the wrong place to trial it, They probably had very few cases and those cases would have had few contacts that weren't know to them, hence no useful data.

It’s now farcical. Measures are being loosened contrary to the governments own tests and the test and trace system isn’t ready. The government may have well just said lockdown is over, crack as we were pre lockdown. They certainly can’t say they’re following the science

It’s now farcical. Measures are being loosened contrary to the governments own tests and the test and trace system isn’t ready. The government may have well just said lockdown is over, crack as we were pre lockdown. They certainly can’t say they’re following the science
I just hope we're very lucky

I would probably have used it, but an article I've just read makes it sound utterly useless

If it works in other countries I don't see it being any different here execpt for the apathy of the population.

They state the main problem is the test turn round time is 5 days but the government say it is 24 hours for 84% of cases.

If you use an Android phone and have not installed the COVIDSAFE APP then you may already have COVID 19 exposure notification on your phone.
To check go to settings, scroll down to Google Services or Google Settings and click launch
You can turn it off by clicking the 3 dots at the top right hand on your phone.
I checked and I have it on my phone.

If it works in other countries I don't see it being any different here execpt for the apathy of the population.

They state the main problem is the test turn round time is 5 days but the government say it is 24 hours for 84% of cases.

This is the problem, an average of 5 days doesn't tell you how many are done within 24 hours so the government figure could be correct.

Tests returned in 24 hours don't make the papers only those that take longest.

Imagine thinking any IT system the govement launch will actually work :lol:

Its a farce. This whole thing has been a farce, it’s like some Monty Python sketch.
You mean like the furlough system?

The app source code is now publicly available for those who think its harvesting their data. I haven’t looked at it yet so it could well be but it’d be brave to release the code if it is.

Last edited:

Back