Track and Trace app poll

Will you be downloading the Track and Trace app?

• Yes I'll download it

Votes: 104 30.9%
  • No I won't

Votes: 176 52.2%
  • Undecided as yet

Votes: 57 16.9%

• Total voters
It's what happens when those in charge lose the trust of those they are supposed to be leading. Any fool would know this and quite a few behavioural scientists too. Watch how the rate of people sticking two fingers up to the lockdown rules increases. All the good achieved by people will be undone because Cummings has been seen to not only get away with but be held up as an example of a proper father for breaking the rules

The bottom line is this. Many countries including our own are introducing apps to save lives. That's it in a nutshell. I think we all agree reducing deaths from Covid 19 is fundamentally good idea.

Whataboutism is no excuse for not trying save lives of the old and vulnerable, potentially including people close to us.

Anybody not downloading the app is no better than idiots like Cummings bending the rules (at best) of the lockdown and thus risking more lives lost.

After Cummings' show of contempt yesterday and knowing he is deeply involved in this with one of his pals, well, I have my reservations about it now. Before I was all for it. I'd want a full breakdown of what they'd get from me now and, unlike most apps I download, I'll be reading every word of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom line is this. Many countries including our own are introducing apps to save lives. That's it on a nutshell. I think we all agree reducing deaths from Covid 19 is fundamentally good idea.

Whataboutism is no excuse for not trying save lives of the old and vulnerable, potentially including people close to us.
Yes, but people need to trust the systems put in place to do this and the people who are running the systems. People are unlikely to comply with requests and instructions given by people who they don't trust or have lost credibility. This is why this weekends farce is so damaging and the behavioural scientists on Sage are so public in their condemnation.

Yes, but people need to trust the systems put in place to do this and the people who are running the systems. People are unlikely to comply with requests and instructions given by people who they don't trust or have lost credibility. This is why this weekends farce is so damaging and the behavioural scientists on Sage are so public in their condemnation.

Why do I need to trust people? It's an app that gives my location. I'm not giving them my bank details etc.

My mother is 80 tomorrow. I would like to visit her. If I am allowed to visit I'd like to know if I've been exposed to risk of infection. That is to potentially save her life. What the fuck has that got to do with the government?

As I said earlier, the reasons given for people not downloading an app that can save lives are bizarre. There is no logic to the arguments not to do so. Paranoid bullshit.

Why do I need to trust people? It's an app that gives my location. I'm not giving them my bank details etc.

My mother is 80 tomorrow. I would like to visit her. If I am allowed to visit I'd like to know if I've been exposed to risk of infection. That is to potentially save her life. What the fuck has that got to do with the government?

As I said earlier, the reasons given for people not downloading an app that can save lives are bizarre. There is no logic to the arguments not to do so. Paranoid bullshit.

Its still a free country & people are free to decide what they want. The government are a bunch of compulsive liars and many people dont trust anything they say - its not paranioa - its multiple times bitten multiple times shy.

Thats fair enough, but the country is full of people who the goverment believe can be and need to be manipulated by behavioural scientists. That's why they've been so involved in elections and the management of this crisis.

Begs the question, why now are the government ignoring that expertise that they've been so keen to engage with previously, given they'll have been advised exactly how it would turn out?

I never imagined that there would be so many people taking their ball home. I think it was because some had convinced themselves so badly that Cummings would be sacked ( because people with blue ticks on twitter told them so, the majority on here were in favour and somebody set up a you gov poll that they shared amongst themselves), that not getting what they wanted has unleashed the bottom lips in full force.

It's like Brexit. There will be a virtual people's march held in protest and god knows how many online petitions.

After Cummings' show of contempt yesterday and knowing he is deeply involved in this with one of his pals, well, I have my reservations about it now. Before I was all for it. I'd want a full breakdown of what they'd get from me now and, unlike most apps I download, I'll be reading every word of it.
This for me as well

Because people need to believe the App works and their is some point in them downloading it.

The people who want us to download this have been telling us for weeks how mportant it is to isolate if we have symptoms and then one of their inner circle is shown not to have done that there are now, all of a sudden, caveats for when this is not necessary and when it is actually better for people not to have followed he rule.

So people have made sacrifices for the greater good that apparently weren't strictly necessary when other causes of actions that are more instinctive and are the natural actions of any father would have sufficed. Many of these people will now feel like mugs.

The same people who have made them feel like mugs now want them to download an App to their phone so the people who have made them feel like mugs can track there whereabouts.

It's not that much of a leap as to why people might respond - fuck you

It's not just what they get, it's what others are potentially allowed to get.

Last edited:
Because people need to believe the App works and their is some point in them downloading it.

The people who want us to download this have been telling us for weeks how mportant it is to isolate if we have symptoms and then one of their inner circle is shown not to have done that there are now, all of a sudden, caveats for when this is not necessary and when it is actually better for people not to have followed he rule.

So people have made sacrifices for the greater good that apparently weren't strictly necessary when other causes of actions that are more instinctive and are the natural actions of any father would have sufficed. Many of these people will now feel like mugs.

The same people who have made them feel like mugs now want them to download an App to their phone so the people who have made them feel like mugs can track there whereabouts.

It's not that much of a leap as to why people might respond - fuck you

People have been slating the government for not lock downing sooner. People are slagging the government for opening schools too early. The bottom line is we have all done what we believe to be right.

We have been staying indoors to save lives. People have been adhering to the lock down because it's common sense to do so. To potentially save their own lives and that of their loved ones.

If uptake of the app is low and fails and more people die will people turn around and say I taught the government a lesson so those deaths were worth it?

Madness.

People have been slating the government for not lock downing sooner. People are slagging the government for opening schools too early. The bottom line is we have all done what we believe to be right.

We have been staying indoors to save lives. People have been adhering to the lock down because it's common sense to do so. To potentially save their own lives and that of their loved ones.

If uptake of the app is low and fails and more people die will people turn around and say I taught the government a lesson so those deaths were worth it?

Madness.
You're dead right, Keith. But the fact is, the government could have prevented this by doing the right thing and they haven't. It's a terrible state of affairs, for sure, but they own some of the responsibility for this sudden about face in people, whether rightly or wrongly. If people choose not to download it having said they would previously, it can probably be traced back to this decision, unfortunately.

Madness.
The problem is a lot of people haven't done what they feel is right, they've done what they thought was necessary even if it went against their gut instinct about what was right.

People have now been told effectively do what you think is right, this means people won't follow a government instruction that doesn't feel right to them.

If you want people to comply with things the people requesting compliance have to demonstrate compliance themselves otherwise people won't bother unless its something they already want to do.

It's not spite, it's basic human psychology.

If the current % of yes (29%) of the population download this then we might as well give up and be prepared to lock ourselves indoors For long periods many times more over the next few years

Saving real lives isn't political. It is a ridiculous argument.
Its unfair to blame people for losing trust & faith in the government due to the actions of said government.

I think its a bit naive to think that the governmemt's sole motive for this app is to save lives or that it will be as effective & secure as they are making it out to be

You're dead right, Keith. But the fact is, the government could have prevented this by doing the right thing and they haven't. It's a terrible state of affairs, for sure, but they own some of the responsibility for this sudden about face in people, whether rightly or wrongly. If people choose not to download it having said they would previously, it can probably be traced back to this decision, unfortunately.
So one bloke bends the rules to the extreme, it then becomes an easy out for millions to say meh fuck it I’ll not bother with the app, even though it has the potential to get the country moving more smoothly, kids back to school quicker and I dare say save a shit load of jobs and I dare say allow the old and vulnerable a bit more freedom
Small minded and petty springs to mind like.
Surely installing the app shows you to be the bigger person doing their little bit to help the nation rather than the childish stance many on the thread have taken, obviously not

Back