Toys that were class

Nothing was better than a good scalextric track as a kid.

About ten of us used to take all the tracks we had to one lads house and take over the downstairs with tracks that took minutes to get around. Amazing times 😎
Also this blew my mind in my younger days

Logon or register to see this image

Used to love this. Actually tried to find it second hand not so long back for my kids, but it's hard to get hold of now.

Last edited:

Gender stereotyping should not have been allowed - explains why you are gay though.

"They-person" doesnt quite have the same ring to it!
The neon green and black space set was also class.
In fact, LEGO in general, is just brilliant

Lego at its best, before they started cheating and having large moulded pieces! I had loads of "Ice Planet" lego that was blue and orange. The big spaceship was amazing!

Last edited:

Grimlock was the top boy like 😎
I have very early memories of playing with both him and I think Snarl but I was too young for them, didn't really know what they were, and couldn't transform them, and I think in the end they got hoyed out as I'd broke them. Then just a few short years later I was bang into Transformers and was gutted I no longer had them.

Thats the one. It split into pieces and could reconnect in different ways for different missions. It was like a thunderbirds craft in my house always rescuing people trapped down the back of the settee or on top of book cases. Lego at its finest
Aye. In two halves, or the little sled bits could go off on their own. Class like.

Always resulted in some mad as fuck police chase. So simple, but so class.

Last edited:
Nothing was better than a good scalextric track as a kid.

About ten of us used to take all the tracks we had to one lads house and take over the downstairs with tracks that took minutes to get around. Amazing times 😎
Also this blew my mind in my younger days

Used to love this. Actually tried to find it second hand not so long back for my kids, but it's hard to get hold of now.

Tomy made some amazing toys! (And some shit ones like the "water arcades" in the other thread).

Problem with really long scalectrix tracks was it was hard to build them where one track didnt have the advantage of being on the inside lane. The longer you made them the more advantage one track had over the other.

I loved Lego but only ever had a couple of model sets. I prefered making my own stuff with it.

Lego was the best toy ever looking back but how comes you can’t buy a box that’s just bricks, a few trees, doors and wheels etc anymore? Every Lego set these days has to have some sort of ‘theme’ doesn’t it?
Anybody go wild with the letraset at their ganny’s or was that just me?

Used to use that when I first started as a graphic designer.

Back