Toys that were class

I remember being over the moon to get this. I begged for a skateboard but my mother couldn't afford the really decent one's.
The wooden (plyboard) flyer was the poor kids skateboard but to me it was as good as anything. I had many a good few hours each night/day skating up and down the road near our house, which were very quiet for traffic.
I have to give the Etch-A-sketch a mention because that also gave me a lot of enjoyment,
My first skateboard was a Decathlon fiberglass which was actually a hand me down from my friend's brother. It was all scratched up but it was such a nice ride. I eventually got one with the Santa Cruz screaming hand on a pink background with lime green wheels. I gave the Decathlon away at the same time, a move that I regretted later because it is such a classic skateboard.

I used to love wearing the double cowboy guns in their holsters with the plastic bullets around the belt.
Another weekends worth of cowboys and Indians with added, best man dead and count to ten to come back alive scenario. :)

You can't do any of that stuff now, can you? Kids I mean...not me :lol:

;)
That Super Striker game was amazing - had forgotten about the diving keepers!! Sometimes the heads on the players used to stick but if you kept pressure on them with your hand they would eventually release quickly and send an unstoppable rocket shot across the length of the room.

from what I remember the pitch was in zones and the problem was getting the player to do owt other than blast it full whack....too heavy fingers for any passing game...maybe a bit like SAFC :eek:

Back