Toy dolls

It was brilliant, didn’t that venue burn down when the art college or whatever it was went up next door?
Yes, the whole roof of the o2 went up with the school of art. They're trying to save the facade and rebuild as a venue. It'll be good to see a building in Glasgow badly damaged by fire not rebuilt as shitey flats.
You can see how bad it was in the photo in this article. Looks like the Art School fire is under control at this point (the whole of that building was on fire at one point) but the o2 is well alight.

Last edited:
I saw the Toy Dolls the last time they played Sunderland a few years back, they were awesome.

I've been tempted to see them in Poland with the cheap flights and that (Wroclaw)

Why's that then?
Always had a small following and the blip when Nelly was in the charts but had a stronger following in Europe and more so Japan where they are (or were) like royalty .Treated a bit novelty here .He's written and toured non stop in these countries as and when, topping his pension up,changing the line up as he went .My mate did 2 world tours with him around 1990

Watching some footage of john peel coming to see them in horden .My mate was drummer then moved onto bass when Marty was better

Back