Towns in the North East that are complete shit herls

Many towns in the north east struggles. Many marginalised, under invested in....the diametric opposite to the government's centralisation strategy creating the urban elites.
Undoubtedly a factor in the mostly leave vote recorded in the north east.

Peterlee not that bad, just not that good either, nee pubs , or certainly nee decent pubs. Reminds me of those boring towns just north of London, only without the money. Stanley is bad news as are some of the pit villages Wheatley Hill, Thornley , Shotton, Horden
No disrespect mate but fuck you. Can I ask which paradise you reside in?

peterlee always gets a lot of stick on here but among the scumbags there are some really nice folk live there.
we moved there from wheatley hill around 1980ish and our street was full of good people. when i left home in 1992 it was still the same. they looked out for each other and when my mam's health declined it was nice to know she had people looking out for her when i wasn't there.
the wife's parent's live in peterlee and they are failing a bit nowadays, the father is in his 90's and mother in her 80's. they also have great neighbours. there are no doubt bad places and people but in my experience the good far and away outnumber the bad. this is probably the same for everywhere named in this thread.

Back