Northampton
Daventry
Perth WA

Washington (1 year)
Sunderland (29 years)
Durham (3 months)
Cramlington (8 days :) )
Gateshead (3 years)

From late 2006 to early 2010 I spent 3 years and 3 years training staff countrywide. 3 or 4 nights in a hotel every week. From Greenock, Swansea and Plymouth in the West to Dover, Kings Lynn and Peterhead in the East and most points in between.

Newcastle, Tamworth, Solihull, Coventry.

When I was an apprentice sparky I went to, Workington, Cockermouth, Leeds, Wakefield, Halifax and Sutton Coldfield, only did it for 3 months I hated the travelling.

Last edited:
Hartlepool
Stevenage
Washington
Sunderland
Gateshead
Bishop Auckland
Darlington
Bishop Auckland
Stockton
Middlesbrough
Washington
Also made regular visits to that there London, Richmond, Twickenham, Crawley and Newbury with occasional stop offs in Leeds, York, Edinburgh, Nottingham.
Nothing exotic but had its moments

Bristol
London
Borehamwood
Hatfield
Slough
Sunderland
Newbury
Prague
Madrid
The Hague
Cologne
Munich
Warsaw
All of above I have worked at for extended periods or had digs
In terms of places that have been to with work its probably 100+ still way behind @Flared Hicks who does that per year

Bristol
London
Borehamwood
Hatfield
Slough
Sunderland
Newbury
Prague
Madrid
The Hague
Cologne
Munich
Warsaw
All of above I have worked at for extended periods or had digs
In terms of places that have been to with work its probably 100+ still way behind @Flared Hicks who does that per year
I’m a home boy these days. Still do little trips here & there but my years of living life on the road are mainly confined to lots of great memories these days.

Looking at the best place you've worked thread, it occurred to me that I'm a bit of a nomad when it comes to places I've worked.

I've been based out of:

Newton Aycliffe
Daventry
Leeds
Bishop Auckland
Stockton on Tees
Northampton
Birmingham
Glasgow
Aberdeen
Edinburgh
Paris
Rome
Oslo
Copenhagen
Beijing
Houston
Stafford TX
Sugar Land TX

I think I need to calm down a bit.

As me mother used to say about me: He's like horseshit always on the bloody road.

I’m a home boy these days. Still do little trips here & there but my years of living life on the road are mainly confined to lots of great memories these days.
I'm still going strong. India couple of times, Germany loads, Spain loads for work plus Japan and South Korea already this year. Off to USA later and hopefully Philippines

Easington
London
Manchester
Washington DC
Hanoi
Kathmandu
Baghdad
Jakarta
Manila
Bangkok
That reminds me of the Gland Supplies lorries you used to see up the Industrial Estate at Hetton way back when. The side of the trucks had "Gland Supplies Limited - Barcelona, Manchester and Hetton-le-Hole".

Never ceased to crack me up whenever I saw them.

Sunderland
Newcastle
London
Amsterdam
Maastricht
Istanbul
Cape Town
Cairo
Warsaw
Athens
Vilnius
Tunis
Paris
Barcelona
Bucharest
Lisbon

In my second job there was young lads living at home, plenty cash but didnt want to do away work.
Why the feck would you want to stay local at that age?

Back