Touts who made millions are jailed

As much as i am delighted these fuckers have been jailed, WHY do some people still persist in paying money online to pretty obvious dodgy fucks ??
Was hoping it was going to be Ticketmaster or whichever one of the wankers is it that charge you three quid fee for the privilege of printing your own ticket at home.

This is f***ing mental like - it's often about 50p more to send by post too - i always choose that option if so, just out of principal !

Last edited:
But there are companies buying the majority of tickets for particular events, selling them on for a profit on their websites, and that's cushty because the government macks money from the tax these companies pay. One rule for the commoners, a different rule for the toffs.

I did, before posting.
You sure? The one thing that stands out straight away for me was using mutiple identities and the reason I quoted you as I wasn't sure why you'd ask why it was crimimalised.

A quick google also found this on another report.

To disguise their bulk buying, which is not permitted by many websites, they used 97 fake names linked to 88 addresses. These identities were linked to multiple email addresses, credit cards and mobile numbers.

I see they used bots has been illegal since 2018.

It is now a criminal offence to use automated technology to purchase large amounts of tickets to then be sold on at inflated prices. Under the Digital Economy Act, touts using bots to bypass the maximum number of purchasable tickets to exploit real fans will now face unlimited fines.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure? The one thing that stands out straight away for me was using mutiple identities and the reason I quoted you as I wasn't sure why you'd ask why it was crimimalised.

A quick google also found this on another report.

To disguise their bulk buying, which is not permitted by many websites, they used 97 fake names linked to 88 addresses. These identities were linked to multiple email addresses, credit cards and mobile numbers.

I see they used bots has been illegal since 2018.

It is now a criminal offence to use automated technology to purchase large amounts of tickets to then be sold on at inflated prices. Under the Digital Economy Act, touts using bots to bypass the maximum number of purchasable tickets to exploit real fans will now face unlimited fines.
The fake IDs and credit being obtained using them are a valid reason to lock them up, but the touting is irrelevant in that.

As for bots and touting, I asked why that was criminal.

I don't think buying tickets to sell to "real fans" at inflated prices should see someone locked up. If it was a civil case with them breaking terms of service I'd be saying fair play, I don't think it should be criminal though.

Its shit for people that want the product but the world is full of products people buy to sell at a marked up price.

The fake IDs and credit being obtained using them are a valid reason to lock them up, but the touting is irrelevant in that.

As for bots and touting, I asked why that was criminal.

I don't think buying tickets to sell to "real fans" at inflated prices should see someone locked up. If it was a civil case with them breaking terms of service I'd be saying fair play, I don't think it should be criminal though.

Its shit for people that want the product but the world is full of products people buy to sell at a marked up price.
You didn't specify bots and touting, you asked why the market was illegal. The bots and touting is criminal because the Government passed a law about using bots. Did you read the NME article as it's pretty clear as to why this law was brought in.

You can often sell tickets to "real fans" at inflated prices though some such as football tickets are possibly illegal for obvious reasons. Many events do offer ways and mean to sell on and often for the same price plus there's also those viagogo and the like websites.

You can sell most products on at a marked up price, though how you get that product obviously matters which is this case was illegal and they probably knew that.

Back