Touring Europe

Me and a couple of mates did something similar last year. Flew to Budapest, hired a car then drove to Bratislava for the afternoon, on to Vienna, Graz, Salzburg, Ljubjana, Zagreb, Lake Bled then back around to Budapest for our flight home. Spent 2/3 nights in most places, drove across the Glossnocker and most of the drives were 3 hours or under with us sharing the driving. We had an great time.

Me and our lass (no, LOLOL) were talking about spending a couple of weeks touring various European cities later on this year or next. Anyone done owt like that? Basically fly to Amsterdam or wherever then head east/south? Will want to plan it to an extent but not everything set in stone so allowing a bit of flexibility with time spent in different cities and that.

Any pleasant and helpful comments welcome. X
My son is currently Inter-railing around Europe, he's loving it, stopping mostly in hostels (they seem like 4* hotels these days) probably going to places you'd never think of going to, he is currently in Geneva meeting some friends who live there. He's been to Brussels, Amsterdam, Utrecht, Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Geneva, and I think he's hoping to finish off in Paris. I always fancied doing this myself but never had the balls to do it.

Sounds like a great idea @Mackem00, hope you enjoy it.

Went to a mate's wedding in Poland last year but flew into Berlin. Had a day there and met up with some mates, we drove a couple of hours over the border and stayed at this spa, then drove up to Mysliborz where the wedding was, then back to Berlin and back home. Not a huge trip but it would have been great to have kept going to a few more places over that way. It was cheap as chips and we hit a great patch of weather.

In fact I couldn't get over how cheap the chips were.

Road trip taking in Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro. Some stunning scenery.
And start off at Ljubijana in Slovenia and take in Lake Bled. The ferries around Croatia are class and a really cheap way of seeing some fabulous islands like Brac, Hvar and Korcula (sail from Split and end up in Dubrovnik - two awesome cities). The Bay of Kotor in Montenegro is stunning.

Ferries to Korcula - Korculainfo.com

I did it when I lived in the UK. I flew from Newcastle to Barcelona and worked my way across Europe by train until I flew back from Oslo.

Feel free to hit me up for any advice.

Have downgraded (for this year anyway) to a few days in Budapest just before Christmas. Might look to pop over to somewhere else for a day/night whilst there. What's it like? Much to do/see?

Me and our lass (no, LOLOL) were talking about spending a couple of weeks touring various European cities later on this year or next. Anyone done owt like that? Basically fly to Amsterdam or wherever then head east/south? Will want to plan it to an extent but not everything set in stone so allowing a bit of flexibility with time spent in different cities and that.

Any pleasant and helpful comments welcome. X
You’ve got a lass?

Somewhere we've fancied for a while tbh. Remember you saying how good it was a while back. 2 flights and a topper airbnb for just under 300 quid. Can't be vexed.

Love the place, that's a topper price mind. We'll be there a 3 or 4 weekends in Nov/dec so if it clashes I'll buy you and your good lady a beer or 2.

Back