Touring Europe

Me and our lass (no, LOLOL) were talking about spending a couple of weeks touring various European cities later on this year or next. Anyone done owt like that? Basically fly to Amsterdam or wherever then head east/south? Will want to plan it to an extent but not everything set in stone so allowing a bit of flexibility with time spent in different cities and that.

Any pleasant and helpful comments welcome. X
Me and our lass are setting off tomorrow to do the exact thing.

Starting in Porto then flying to Valencia from there. Train to Seville then flying to Rome and then Vienna. Train to Bratislava then finish in Kiev. Digs and travel cost us £750.

Last year did it with the lads, route was - krakow, Athens, Budapest, Rome, Barcelona. Best holiday I’ve been on.

Me and our lass are setting off tomorrow to do the exact thing.

Starting in Porto then flying to Valencia from there. Train to Seville then flying to Rome and then Vienna. Train to Bratislava then finish in Kiev. Digs and travel cost us £750.

Last year did it with the lads, route was - krakow, Athens, Budapest, Rome, Barcelona. Best holiday I’ve been on.
Sounds immense mate and really good price that. Enjoy.

Me and our lass (no, LOLOL) were talking about spending a couple of weeks touring various European cities later on this year or next. Anyone done owt like that? Basically fly to Amsterdam or wherever then head east/south? Will want to plan it to an extent but not everything set in stone so allowing a bit of flexibility with time spent in different cities and that.

Any pleasant and helpful comments welcome. X
Fly to the furthest destination then rail travel back. You can get a europass for a couple of hundred quid which will get you to any destination you would want to. Alternatively fly to Barcelona and do a cruise of the med stopping off in each place for a day, it's surprisingly cheap considering how far it travels and how many places you get to see

Fly to the furthest destination then rail travel back. You can get a europass for a couple of hundred quid which will get you to any destination you would want to. Alternatively fly to Barcelona and do a cruise of the med stopping off in each place for a day, it's surprisingly cheap considering how far it travels and how many places you get to see
A cruise? He’s not a middle aged mad woman ffs

Europass for the trains is only worth it if you do western europe - travel is much cheaper than that in central/eastern europe

Did a week travelling Northern Spain in May with work. Flew to Barcelona, spent a night there then next morning flew across to La Coruña picked up a hire car and drove back across stopping in Pontevedra, Burgos, Cuenca, Valencia then back to Barca. Was epic.

If you're starting off in Amsterdam get a train to Dusseldorf and make that city your second stay . Preferably in or around the old town.

A post of two halves right there.

Back