Tour de France 2020

TBH, I'd agree about KoM. It's the jersey that nobody seems to care about.
Pogacar chose to wear it ahead of the young riders jersey and carapaz looked chuffed to win it. Sponsors love to have their team names spoken about and riders are motivated to win things (and further more can demand more money with more on their palmares) It is an important competition and a lot of riders target it.

Hell, Richard Virenque used to target it year on year.

@dixonsafc has both Roglic and Pogacar. He's second currently but I think that should see him over the line. I'm desparately clinging on to top 5 after leading off and on for a good while (Mollema crashing out seemed to be a turning point and Winner Anacona hasn't lived up to his name).

Don't put all your eggs in one Buchmann, as the saying goes...

No idea how the points are dished out, but i'm hoping the GC finish should see me over the line.

The thing is, I’m not sure he did.

That ride by Pogacar was juicy.

Yeah to be fair, Rog ended up finishing 5th. It just seemed that way on the road.

Pogacar ride was outrageous, if it stands the test of time then it'll go down as one of the greatest rides in the history of the sport.

Yeah to be fair, Rog ended up finishing 5th. It just seemed that way on the road.

Pogacar ride was outrageous, if it stands the test of time then it'll go down as one of the greatest rides in the history of the sport.
5th but behind 2 of his teammates who have been riding for him for the past couple of weeks. He might not have had a horror ride but he went very badly and Pogacar rode unbelievably well.

Can't enjoy things like that as I just don't believe that I'm seeing a fair battle.
There will be genuinely clean riders being robbed of their rightful place in the spotlight.
This.

I’d love to give the benefit of the doubt, but based on everything we’ve seen prior to this, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that Pogacar could put nearly 2 minutes into Roglic, all while blowing away top performers like Dumoulin in the process.

Then when you consider that there’s very, very fine margins separating elite athletes in any given sport, it’s just not realistic.

This.

I’d love to give the benefit of the doubt, but based on everything we’ve seen prior to this, there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that Pogacar could put nearly 2 minutes into Roglic, all while blowing away top performers like Dumoulin in the process.

Then when you consider that there’s very, very fine margins separating elite athletes in any given sport, it’s just not realistic.

There's always going to be scepticism around cycling given it's past but I just try to take it at face value and enjoy it for what it is.

For what it's worth you are probably right but i'm happy to be ignorant and enjoy the spectacle.

Back