Tour de France 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why put on a bet on if you didn't fancy him?

Plus the way you challenge anyone on here who questions Team Sky by saying I bet they won't ride a bike is so lame. Look at me I'm better than people because I rode up some Col once. Every year you say the same smug predictable shit just because they dare to question Brailsford.

f***ing hell ive put loads of daft long term daftbets for a bit of fun

Backed Bryce de Cambre in the open at 150/1

You don't ride bikes do you :lol:

While you're using the search button you will be able to find the times where I've clarified I'm no Brailsford fan.

You're Walter on a wind up aren't you :eek:

Last edited:

Nothing more smug & arrogant than a rolling eye. I know as much as you you smary smug snake.

What was in the Jiffy bag then? Why won't Brailsfraud say? He should have resigned earlier this year.

Brailsfraud is the self righteousness one banning press conferences and kicking out journos who dare to question his ways.

Let's all pretend it was a fantastic tour. You lot are more blinkered than Stalin's Russia.

Despite you calling me a smary smug snake :)eek:), I shall dignify your response with an answer. You assume that everyone on here is a 'Sky Fanboy". Many people have expressed support and admiration for many riders. Personally, I really, really hoped that Bardet would win and was genuinely delighted by the performance of several French riders, obviously Barguil but also Lil Calmejane, who I think is a massive talent. I am slightly blinkered in my Francophiia, I must admit (although I think the Yates twins are brilliant as is Dumoulin, obviously despite not being French)

With regards to Sky, I like and massively admire Chris Froome, despite having a personal preference that he didn't win. Whilst I tend to think that the TdF has become more predictable by the way they ride, I can't blame Sky for adopting tactics that are highly, highly effective in race management. I hope other teams will be able to respond in coming editions of Grand Tours, in the way that AG2R attempted to here.

Brailsford has made a lot of mistakes this year and possibly should step away but, not being twelve, I give a man who has done and astounding job in establishing British cycling at the top of the tree, the respect of calling him by his proper name.

I don't know if riders from Sky, AG2R, Astana or indeed any other team are doping. Neither do you. They may be, although it seems fairly likely from all the evidence that widespread, systematic doping isn't as prevalent as it was 10 years ago. I hope that's true.

This thread has been excellent over the past few weeks; an open and informed conversation about a race that people love and, unusually, hasn't descended into puerile name-calling and simplistic accusations that have no insight or complexity but just are argumentative and/or attention seeking. The irritation that you've provoked is because you've trotted out the same old simplistic accusations without showing that you have any insight into the sport or culture of cycling. Now, you may have that insight and knowledge, as you claim. If so, it'd be great for you to show it.

I'm leaving this thread and leaving all you smug Sky Fan Boys together. Blinkered smary arrogant toddlers the lot of you. Especially Ceejay look at me I ride a bike so I know more than you. Clueless smug tosser.

Despite you calling me a smary smug snake :)eek:), I shall dignify your response with an answer. You assume that everyone on here is a 'Sky Fanboy". Many people have expressed support and admiration for many riders. Personally, I really, really hoped that Bardet would win and was genuinely delighted by the performance of several French riders, obviously Barguil but also Lil Calmejane, who I think is a massive talent. I am slightly blinkered in my Francophiia, I must admit (although I think the Yates twins are brilliant as is Dumoulin, obviously despite not being French)

With regards to Sky, I like and massively admire Chris Froome, despite having a personal preference that he didn't win. Whilst I tend to think that the TdF has become more predictable by the way they ride, I can't blame Sky for adopting tactics that are highly, highly effective in race management. I hope other teams will be able to respond in coming editions of Grand Tours, in the way that AG2R attempted to here.

Brailsford has made a lot of mistakes this year and possibly should step away but, not being twelve, I give a man who has done and astounding job in establishing British cycling at the top of the tree, the respect of calling him by his proper name.

I don't know if riders from Sky, AG2R, Astana or indeed any other team are doping. Neither do you. They may be, although it seems fairly likely from all the evidence that widespread, systematic doping isn't as prevalent as it was 10 years ago. I hope that's true.

This thread has been excellent over the past few weeks; an open and informed conversation about a race that people love and, unusually, hasn't descended into puerile name-calling and simplistic accusations that have no insight or complexity but just are argumentative and/or attention seeking. The irritation that you've provoked is because you've trotted out the same old simplistic accusations without showing that you have any insight into the sport or culture of cycling. Now, you may have that insight and knowledge, as you claim. If so, it'd be great for you to show it.
Another arrogant sod who thinks I have no insight and knowledge just because I challenge what Sky have done. They have sterilised the race and made it so dull. I didn't start the name calling on here.

Didn't realise the fantasy SMB league is taken so seriously.....quite pleased I was a previous lantern rouge, didn't realise I'd passed on mantle to Percy

Night night :lol:
Fuck off smary smug tosser stick to your threads about hoovers

Didn't realise the fantasy SMB league is taken so seriously.....quite pleased I was a previous lantern rouge, didn't realise I'd passed on mantle to Percy
Just highlights your basic lack of knowledge. I do ride a bike not that it matters despite you thinking it is some sort of one upmanship. Bizarre.

Your comments about the French the past 3 weeks have been borderline racist.

i can only applaud how Froome keeps adapting to ASO basically trying to design a course each year to stop him from dominating

can you imagine how much he would have won by if they'd given us a route this year like 06 or 07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back