TOTP 1987

Steve Silk hurley(Jack your body) had just been number 1. Fantastic.

You could feel everything changing with tracks like that hitting number one with practically no radio play. Also I can remember thinking when MARRS were on TOTP that everything before it was just old hat and dance music was taking over the world :)
1980 version was good last night.

Caught The Specials on at the end
Think this is what I was on about, it was The Roxy, not TOTP. Brilliant seeing two fellas with just turntables knowing people like @Teed and all the dinosaurs at the time would be up in arms at them 'not playing proper instruments'. Class :lol:

Last edited:
You could feel everything changing with tracks like that hitting number one with practically no radio play. Also I can remember thinking when MARRS were on TOTP that everything before it was just old hat and dance music was taking over the world :)

Caught The Specials on at the end
Did bomb the bass beat dis get to number 1 around that time? Sure it did. Another class dance tune that changed the landscape.My mind used to get blown watching s express on totp. Brilliant sample heavy acid house getting to number 1.They used to look cool as f#ck n'all, loads of them on the stage. Like an 80's sly and the family stone.Every performance they done on totp was class.

Did bomb the bass beat dis get to number 1 around that time? Sure it did. Another class dance tune that changed the landscape.My mind used to get blown watching s express on totp. Brilliant sample heavy acid house getting to number 1.They used to look cool as f#ck n'all, loads of them on the stage. Like an 80's sly and the family stone.Every performance they done on totp was class.

Ha they did look like that actually

Back