1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tories ask Grenfell residents to rate the tragedy on a scale of 0-10

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HellsBells, Nov 14, 2017 at 7:18 PM.

1. It will be a really generic survey spanning various issues. @York will be pretty close with his rationale.

The emergency services know what their response time was and what it should have been, they know the most cost effective ways improve fire prevention, they will be able to report on issues with access. That's really a job for an inquest, enquiry, or case review.

You can't really ask the public about what they think is important with things like emergency response and fire prevention, or access. When you ask Joe Public's two pence on things like that it can really muddy the water as it's an emotional response rather than an informed one.

If asked I would say a sprinkler system would be the most important thing in preventing the spread of the fire and support spending a ton of money in putting them into every high-rise. In reality I have no experience with fire prevention in high-rise buildings and have no clue if it is the most cost effective way of saving lives (would spending that money on fire retardant wall insulation alongside external fire escapes be better for example).

The cynic thinks this will boil down to something like "we spent £Xmillion on support for Grenfell and it's residents while decreasing your bin collections, reducing park maintenance, and increasing parking permit costs because we felt that was more important and respondents to our resident's survey agreed".

York likes this.
  2. Trust fund Trotsky lol

Cee Jay and Lambchops like this.
  3. Jardin

Jardin Winger

In which case, there does seem little point in asking it at all imo other than to just say they've asked or even worse if it is the cynical approach of using it to counter later issues.

HellsBells likes this.
  4. Cee Jay

Cee Jay Striker

That Lord of Light man :eek:

This fucking place ...

5. While it's ridiculous that the question has to be asked, I imagine there would be an outcry if there was a survey and they didn't include Grenfell in it.

6. so why do they need people to give it a score, if it's already the biggest issue?

tiptoad likes this.
  7. That goes back to my first post where they can't ignore it because it's the biggest issue they have right now.

Anyway, my throat hurts as I swallowed some bleach while washing.

I went into it in another post Bells.

8. So send out a separate survey asking for opinions then. Not scores out of ten, relative to your recycling collection.

9. Jardin

Jardin Winger

Ha ha. I'm not sure they'd be accused of ignoring it just cause they didn't ask people to rate it by importance in comparison to bin collections. Certainly not by me anyway :cool:

Some Random Guy and HellsBells like this.
  10. Most people wont. Some would euthanise the infirm if it would save them 5% on their council tax though because some people are *****.

Jardin likes this.
  11. I dunno. I remember when Liverpool council were accused of ignoring treatment of Hillsborough victims in their annual survey of street lighting and availability of on-street parking.

Some Random Guy and Jardin like this.
  12. Jardin

Jardin Winger

It is hard to argue with any position which is built on people being ***** tbf :lol:

Strange, I wouldn't expect a question on a football disaster in the middle of a parking and light survey. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 9:24 PM
    Some Random Guy likes this.
  13. So what are they asking the population about Grenfell?

They've asked how important supporting those affected is.

The public aren't equipped to answer questions on what should be done to make high-rises safer (I already went into this).

Ultimately everyone on the electorate gets the chance to tell their council what they think of them 3 out of every 4 years.

14. Jardin

Jardin Winger

Will they stop supporting the victims if they get a low score?

If they intend to continue supporting the victims, what does the response matter? It surely can't be a choice of Parking permits or supporting the victims of Grenfell :lol:

Some Random Guy likes this.
  15. They'll just support them a bit less marra. ;)

Jardin likes this.
  16. Jardin

Jardin Winger

The *****

17. 7.8/10 worth of support isn't bad.

I think there are plenty that would like to put all of the poors in the borough on a coach to Blackpool.

18. Jardin

Jardin Winger

Let's just hope bin collections only score 7.5 :lol:

19. Billy22

Billy22 Goalkeeper

If it's real, it looks shopped to me.

20. Jardin

Jardin Winger

This seems to be the full version so you can be sure one way or the other. Maybe get your IT dept on it.

[​IMG]

I think Crossrail 2 is gonna win.

HellsBells, janiep and Slippery Jim like this.