Top of the pops

It’s nostalgia. Reminds me of my childhood and Thursday nights knowing the weekend was near.

First saw oasis on there and was blown away as a kid.

It’s on BBC4 on a Friday night often.

Used to I’ve the Christmas specials but it’s a different tv era now. The on demand generation wouldn’t know how to wait a week for a tv show

Top TV of it's time. Streets would clear on a Thursday night as everyone stopped what they were doing to go and see who was in the charts this week and catch their favourite bands.

Love late night when our lass goes to bed and just sit and watch the old 80's ones that were on one of the channels, brought back loads of memories. Charts are just full of too much shite nowadays for it to work. Think back in the days getting on ToTP's was a big thing.

It’s nostalgia. Reminds me of my childhood and Thursday nights knowing the weekend was near.

First saw oasis on there and was blown away as a kid.

It’s on BBC4 on a Friday night often.

Used to I’ve the Christmas specials but it’s a different tv era now. The on demand generation wouldn’t know how to wait a week for a tv show

I still look out for the xmas ones when they come on, the compilation one with Mark and Lard doing the voiceover is class

Top TV of it's time. Streets would clear on a Thursday night as everyone stopped what they were doing to go and see who was in the charts this week and catch their favourite bands.

Love late night when our lass goes to bed and just sit and watch the old 80's ones that were on one of the channels, brought back loads of memories. Charts are just full of too much shite nowadays for it to work. Think back in the days getting on ToTP's was a big thing.

Good post.

Not the Tube though is it.
I am sure, probably wrong as the old age kicks in, that the lad who produced the tube went on to produce top of the pops and insisted bands played live. All the programmes the same lad produced he insisted on live performances.

Back