Top Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a world ahead of the grand tour

Wait til next week

I'm not comparing it to Grand Tour though, I prefer Top Gear, I only watched the Grand Tour up to the, was it Finland they went to?
Just him as a presenter I'm on about, something is a miss.

Watched this for the first time the other night. Absolute shite. There is no fluidity like the old Top Gear and absolutely shite crack from the presenters. It is properly forced. The 'funny' bits are so unfunny they don't even know whether to laugh or not and when they eventually get laughing they go way over the top with it.

Apart from the actual people, the camera work and production has improved a lot. I really liked the strafing cameras on the Chris Hoy track lap. Maybe it will take more time for the presenters to sort their shit out but right now they are trying too hard and it feels like they've only just met, unlike the old lot who went on like they'd took the piss out of each other for years which was the main appeal.

EDIT: Also on a lighter note, back in the studio the audience is full of nerdy looking blokes, the likes of which I'd expect to see at a classic car conference. At least before they would have a few lasses near the front to balance it out a bit :lol:

Watched this for the first time the other night. Absolute shite. There is no fluidity like the old Top Gear and absolutely shite crack from the presenters. It is properly forced. The 'funny' bits are so unfunny they don't even know whether to laugh or not and when they eventually get laughing they go way over the top with it.

Apart from the actual people, the camera work and production has improved a lot. I really liked the strafing cameras on the Chris Hoy track lap. Maybe it will take more time for the presenters to sort their shit out but right now they are trying too hard and it feels like they've only just met, unlike the old lot who went on like they'd took the piss out of each other for years which was the main appeal.

EDIT: Also on a lighter note, back in the studio the audience is full of nerdy looking blokes, the likes of which I'd expect to see at a classic car conference. At least before they would have a few lasses near the front to balance it out a bit :lol:

The first couple of series of Top Gear with Clarkson and Hammond (with May joining half way through) were utter dog shit. Think they need a couple of series to sort it out and build up a rapport.

The first couple of series of Top Gear with Clarkson and Hammond (with May joining half way through) were utter dog shit. Think they need a couple of series to sort it out and build up a rapport.
Fair enough. I don't recall seeing the early Top Gears to be fair. Hopefully it'll get better but I'm not exactly a regular viewer.

Much preferred it when they were reviewing the new Rover Metro or Austin Montego etc.....nowt on it like that anymore.
You mean when hardly anyone watched it?
Think this new one is/will be a bit of a blend of both. Serious and relevant reviews at times, alongside the usual antics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back