Top Gear in Nepal

All banter, no wit. The production values are as high as ever, but the producers need to stop trying to replicate the chemistry of the old presenters with these three.

Watched the Grand Tour Vietnam trip a couple of weeks ago; miles better than this, and barely a car in sight.
Bang on, I was cringing when Chris (is that his name) was wearing sunglasses they’d bought with the price tag still on them, carbon copy of what the old three used to do.

was a good special for the scenery alone, those three presenters are pretty shit. McGuiness is woeful like

Probably mate, a lot of villages are a full day's walk from a road,not a saunter but real hard trekking to get to a road.
In Dubai we used to hire drivers from Nepal, great workers and hard as nails. They'd explain how they'd fly to Katmandu, be on a bus for 2 days then walk for a day to reach home. Then we'd give them a brand new 120k Mercedes truck and ask them to drive on 8 lane highways.
One got jailed for his part in a RTA, we knew he was innocent so said we'd keep paying him. He told us to give his money to another driver who was actually his brother in law and he would ensure the cash got to his wife ( the other blokes sister ). The fucker spent the lot !

I thought I would despise this trio when they did the last series. I thought it would be banterific.

While my reservations about Flintoff remain and will never change, the trio work well together and it is a great entertainment watch.

I also thoroughly enjoy the Clarkson vehicle despite thinking they are choppers.

This show was good and that road and drop ffs.

Same in Bhutan. You've been there, too, right? Was sure I was going to slide off the mud down an endless cliff face.

My own trip to Bhutan was the most terrifying three weeks of my life. Every vehicle journey was torture. Didn't help that on the second day, driving from Paro to Thimphu, we had to wait while a crane winched up a truck that had gone over the side the previous week. The body of the driver was still in the cab; his face was a shade of green I'd never seen before or since.

My own trip to Bhutan was the most terrifying three weeks of my life. Every vehicle journey was torture. Didn't help that on the second day, driving from Paro to Thimphu, we had to wait while a crane winched up a truck that had gone over the side the previous week. The body of the driver was still in the cab; his face was a shade of green I'd never seen before or since.
Didn’t see any of that, thankfully!

Back