Top 3 Madness

Michael Caine
My Girl
It must Be Love.

Michael Caine is their masterpiece. I’ve no idea wtf is going on in there and don’t want to tbh but there’s an edge of paranoia and menace about it that pisses all ower these black clad goth/emo type bands with their cartoon edgy mock outsider posturing. Up there with Watching The Detectives, Psycho Killer And Is Vic There as JG Ballad suburban every day horror stuff. Zevonesque in fact.
I’ll tell you what that’s the last time I eat a pile of 80s NMEs for supper.......sonic cathedrals of sound.....hic.......seminal......belch.......etc.
The Liberty of Norton Folgate is probably more likely to be considered their masterpiece. Certainly their most ambitious and complex song. Or 5 songs in 1.
Absolutely
One Step Beyond
Norton Folgate
I think i prefer 7 to absolutely.
And I currently have Clerkenwell Polka as an ear worm.

Last edited:
Michael Caine
My Girl
It must Be Love.

Michael Caine is their masterpiece. I’ve no idea wtf is going on in there and don’t want to tbh but there’s an edge of paranoia and menace about it that pisses all ower these black clad goth/emo type bands with their cartoon edgy mock outsider posturing. Up there with Watching The Detectives, Psycho Killer And Is Vic There as JG Ballad suburban every day horror stuff. Zevonesque in fact.
I’ll tell you what that’s the last time I eat a pile of 80s NMEs for supper.......sonic cathedrals of sound.....hic.......seminal......belch.......etc.

It’s about an IRA informer.

Back