Top 100 Debut Albums of All Time

Quality album that debut was mate, no joke. Their second album was awesome as well.

As soon as they released Tequila I lost interest though and never bothered even listening to the rest of that third album.

It certainly is odd when License To Ill is #1 and the list contains Pink Floyd's debut. :lol:

And if that was part of the weighting, where are all the albums from bands that never released a second album?
They were a spoof band weren’t they? Like that Yankovich bloke?

They were a spoof band weren’t they? Like that Yankovich bloke?

There was certainly a bit of a sense of humour in there on occasion but they weren't a full-on comedy band, they were still a great alt-rock band. Not even as far into the comedy spectrum as The Darkness, let alone Weird Al.

Maybe they went further in that direction with the album Tequila was on, I don't know, but those first two albums were brilliant and had some really touching emotional moments as well as the slightly amusing side.

I can only imagine that they've counted the weird live album as a debut for Jane's Addiction, otherwise I would have expected to see Nothing's Shocking in there.

The Sundays "reading, writing and arithmetic" sublime debut album that still sounds great now and fresh. Total game changer of an album for me musically 30 years ago.

Back